Total Members
    Most Online
    Rowdy2x
    Newest Member
    Rowdy2x
Tarheel17

July 2019 OBS

35 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Oh what a miserable day today. Already 96/77 for a HI of 113. Hoping for a good T-storm today.

Do you use a home thermometer to report your temps?  NWS says new bern is 91/75/102 with a high of 92 today. 

1 hour ago, LithiaWx said:

Do you use a home thermometer to report your temps?  NWS says new bern is 91/75/102 with a high of 92 today. 

I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 which is at 6ft above grass level. I checked wunderground and most of the stations close to me are at the same temp. The Airport is about 15 feet lower than me and at the confluence of 2 major rivers so their temps are always a bit lower. My station is almost 10 years old so it could be off a bit too. The Airport hit 96 before a rain shower came thru. I recorded 100 before the clouds came in, no rain so far though but we are getting thunder.

• Like 1

On my way to work I ran into one of the heaviest storms I have ever driven in. Torrential rains, was driving at 30 mph and could barely see the car ahead of me, winds 30+mph, and hail big enough for me to worry about my windshield. Don't know how much rain I got at my house but I am sure some areas probably at 2"+.

So, the dry sea breeze boundary just passed through. Temp dropped from 97 to 88, but the humidity jumped from 32% to 55%. Not really a good trade off. Less hot, more sticky outside.

1 hour ago, Solak said:

So, the dry sea breeze boundary just passed through. Temp dropped from 97 to 88, but the humidity jumped from 32% to 55%. Not really a good trade off. Less hot, more sticky outside.

Didn't seem like it generated nearly as much convection as RAH was expecting.

This evening feels like the first time all summer that the heat and humidity have reached that critical level of suckiness. It's like clockwork, as soon as July comes in it just reaches a whole new level. Now for 8 weeks of pure torture...:cry:

That equals 108 heat index .  Hot

For some reason my AccuRite Weather Station gives it at 103°. You’re correct though. I guess their logarithm is skewed.

Picked up .89" from yesterday's storms. Currently clouds are building once again and it is 92/79. HI at 109.

Radar really blosoming.  Movement is nil though.  Going to be one of those days where if a storm forms over you, great but otherwise you're screwed.

No storms, but did pick up a dust-settling 0.09" of light rain. Made it up to 97 yesterday. Hoping the clouds will keep the temps in check today.

Currently 89/78. Been really humid lately/ Side note: I went for bike ride this morning and got caught in a surprised downpour. Got soaked. It barely rained at my house and I would have stayed dry if I had turned left on the main road instead of right.

Only managed .06" from light rain today. Did help to keep the temp down to the low 80's most of the day. Currently 77/74.