Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 OBS

Tarheel17

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

And once again the hammer is getting dropped on Forsyth County.  I've been trying to mow my yard for 4 days now.  Non-moving thunderstorm blowing up overhead as we speak.  Deluge inbound.

Must be nice.  Currently sitting on 0.09" for the week.

0.62” of beautiful glorious rain. Sitting at 79 with nearby anvils continuing to provide overcast. Been in the 70’s for 2 hours now in the middle of the afternoon on the hottest day of the year I’ll take it! Had to get lucky one of these days. Also brings me up over an inch for the month, lol

Those folks in that line just south of the Triad are having an interesting day.  I posted earlier thinking the hammer was about to drop again just north of I40 and we didnt get a drop.  Towers went up right outside my back door and then crept south.  But as others have mentioned, what a difference in temps!!  78°, cloudy and a slight breeze.  Gotta mow!

1 hour ago, NorthHillsWx said:

0.62” of beautiful glorious rain. Sitting at 79 with nearby anvils continuing to provide overcast. Been in the 70’s for 2 hours now in the middle of the afternoon on the hottest day of the year I’ll take it! Had to get lucky one of these days. Also brings me up over an inch for the month, lol

Finally picked up around a half inch yesterday myself..sure needed it. But more impressive i think is it has stayed in the 80s here today...only got to 87. I'll definitely take that. 

What i wouldn't take is the absurd HI values in the mid atlantic today. Looks like there could be  Some legit 120 plus values around chesapeake bay. Highest i saw so far was 127...based on surrounding observations it looks possible as many locations show dewpoints in the low to mid 80s. Yuck. 

4 hours ago, kvegas-wx said:

Those folks in that line just south of the Triad are having an interesting day.  I posted earlier thinking the hammer was about to drop again just north of I40 and we didnt get a drop.  Towers went up right outside my back door and then crept south.  But as others have mentioned, what a difference in temps!!  78°, cloudy and a slight breeze.  Gotta mow!

It was interesting here on the Guilford-Randolph county line. The storms drifted south toward me as they built. Lightning flashes and loud thunder with bright sunshine. The radar showed my location surrounded by heavy cells. We had a severe thunderstorm warning.  It began to rain lightly but the real star was the lightning and thunder. The temperature fell from 94 to 73 on my Vantage-Pro. A flash flood statement was issued for my area but somehow as bad as it looked on radar I ended up with a paltry 0.17" of rain. 

13 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

Major forecasted heat (air temp) bust in central NC today 

I’m not sure I would call it a bust bc a fortuitous t-storm line sat over a sliver of the state. I can tell you those on all sides of that line suffered, I went to a wedding just south of it and it was 99 degrees. I am thankful that a decent portion of the most populated areas of the state got lucky though. 

Interesting spread of temps around the region yesterday. It was actually fairly nice here yesterday. Pretty high dew at 73, but my high was just 85. Even GSP only reached 89, despite a forecast in the mid 90s, and it wasn't a thick cloud cover either. We've had a couple of hot weeks no doubt, but I don't think I've been above 94 all summer, which was back in the late May wave. Closing in on 9 in of rain for the month and near 38 for the year so no drought here.

Just came back from coastal SC and,  man I forget every year, but the heat and humidity is on a different level there; brutal!

1 hour ago, NC_hailstorm said:

Still amazes me how that CLT temp can always run high,they are at +4.8 for the month and much higher than anyone in the area.Looks suspect to me spitting that out,carry on.

HKY-+2.4

GSP-+1.8

AVL- +3.8

RDU- +3.2

GSO- +3.3

FAY- +3.2

ILM-+3,1

CAE- +2,0

Think the heat island effect could be that bad? Otherwise would be from the official CLT location but if I remember correctly it is in a low spot near the airport.

last few days under the excessive heat warming have not been as hot as Tues/Wed were......a bit lower dews have held the heat index to "only" 105"ish this weekend versus 110+ earlier in the week.....we have only had one sub 90 high day since June 24th and that was a 87, so almost a month straight of 90 or better for the high......however 90-91 is the average high here this time of year so we are only running +3.4 for the month.....and that will drop some after next week's below normal stretch. 

21 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

last few days under the excessive heat warming have not been as hot as Tues/Wed were......a bit lower dews have held the heat index to "only" 105"ish this weekend versus 110+ earlier in the week.....we have only had one sub 90 high day since June 24th and that was a 87, so almost a month straight of 90 or better for the high......however 90-91 is the average high here this time of year so we are only running +3.4 for the month.....and that will drop some after next week's below normal stretch. 

Ouch!:yikes: You're in need of some relief!

Just now, yotaman said:

100 again today. I believe that brings me to 7 times at or above 100 this year in mby.

Man I feel for you guys, what is your location? I haven't seen 100 since 2012. Guess I really can't complain, have been in the 80s the past two days, and don't look to hit 90 through at least next weekend.

Just now, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Man I feel for you guys, what is your location? I haven't seen 100 since 2012. Guess I really can't complain, have been in the 80s the past two days, and don't look to hit 90 through at least next weekend.

I am about 10 miles southeast of New Bern at an elevation of 30 ft.