Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 OBS

Tarheel17

45 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Another day, another whiff for northern Wilson county.  Looks like Greenville about to get hit.

Once again it died right on my doorstep.......still I will take a 10 min heavy shower over nothing and the breeze made sitting on the porch to watch the few bolts I saw worth it. 

1 minute ago, goldsborosnow said:

It looks like you have one incoming to Wilson. It should stay just north of me here in Pikeville. Plenty of lightning to my north with it.

IMG_20190718_001348.jpg

Yeah it is a laser light show to the southwest.  Very pretty.  Radar looking good now, but that is usually when the cell starts to weaken or make a zigzag.

6 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

Yeah it is a laser light show to the southwest.  Very pretty.  Radar looking good now, but that is usually when the cell starts to weaken or make a zigzag.

Same luck here. It missed me by a mile. There were some close cloud  to ground strikes, but that's about it for me.

Picked up a surprise .11" last night making 3 straight days with rain imby. Albeit small amounts but much needed. Walking out the door this morning was like walking into a wall. Really sucks the life out of you when it's like this. Can't wait for that trough to set up Early next week. Tuesday-Wednesday look awesome. Going to be a long 5 days to get there!

Power was out for a little more than 9 hours. Here's the reason for the initial outage.

6 WNW Smithfield [Johnston Co, NC] EMERGENCY MNGR reports DOWNBURST at 17 Jul, 5:31 PM EDT -- SUSPECTED DOWNBURST WINDS DOWNED NUMEROUS TREES ALONG CLEVELAND ROAD, WITH AT LEAST SIX IMPACTING STRUCTURES ALONG HAZELNUT LANE...BRAZIL NUT LANE...AND LEE TRACE DRIVE.

1 hour ago, cbmclean said:

Just can't win.  Another near miss tonight.

I finally got a piece of one this evening. My weather station gusted to 30mph and recorded .30" of rain, but there is a tree that may have obscured some of the rain since it was lined up with the wind direction. Plenty of lightning too.

3 minutes ago, goldsborosnow said:

I finally got a piece of one this evening. My weather station gusted to 30mph and recorded .30" of rain, but there is a tree that may have obscured some of the rain since it was lined up with the wind direction. Plenty of lightning too.

Yeah, it lightning and thundered for like two straight hours, but we only got .02 out of it.  Definitely in a slump right now.

2 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Lol at the “heat wave” up north.  They are dealing with two days of heat. We get it day after day in July and August.  

I guess it’s like how how they laugh at us getting riled up about 3” of snow. 

In their defense, many homes up there lack air conditioning.  Upstairs bedrooms are unpleasant.

Just had a great summer thunderstorm. Still lightly raining with extremely close lighting. Going to check the rain guage after it ends but I’d say at least a half an inch. Literally getting more storms with 20% rain chances than that week of 50-70% chances. High of 92 so far but currently sitting at a rain cooled 81. When the sun comes back out help us with this added humidity!!!