• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 OBS

Tarheel17

Today makes the "heatwaves" we had earlier this year look silly, give me 98/60 any day compared to this crap..heat index of 104 before 11 am currently 90/77 just brutal out there.....the upside is if the storms can fire up there could be some pretty decent storms. Surface cape pushing 6k here already lol....

sbcp.gif.85063ffd44eff0b1951eb76816fbfc51.gif

Got back from my trip to upstate NY today. Not liking the being back in the heat and humidity. I did get 3.30" this week at home so my yard has gone crazy. Had to raise my lawnmower 3 steps to cut it this evening. Luckily storms to the south of me cool my area off nicely this afternoon. Went from 98 to 83 in about an hour from the outflow breeze and cloud cover. No rain though. Currently 77/72.

Got lucky yesterday and got a heavy shower that produced a quick 0.28" which, amazingly, was my biggest total in over 4 weeks and came on a day with <30% rain chances (as compared to all the days with 40-70% that didn't pan out imby. Much needed and was pleasant afterwards as it occurred late enough to provide a nice "cool" evening!

High of 96 today but got lucky with a T-storm that dropped it to 79 and has stayed in the lower 80’s since. Picked up another .20” from the storm, think areas around my neighborhood got more based on puddles. Good coverage today for only an aerial 30% chance. Hope this keeps up with some added moisture from Barry

Just now, cbmclean said:

Hey Downeast, I was in your neck of the woods to day getting my Subaru serviced at Capital Subaru.  Got caught in some torrential rain.  Hoping you got something.

Nothing back here in Wilson.

Got a few showers nothing to exciting everything very pulsey and I always seem to get them on the down side of the pulses lol....

2 hours ago, cbmclean said:

Hey Downeast, I was in your neck of the woods to day getting my Subaru serviced at Capital Subaru.  Got caught in some torrential rain.  Hoping you got something.

Nothing back here in Wilson.

I watched that on radar and it looked like parts of Greenville got slammed with torrential rain.

Pretty cool capture...

NWS Eastern RegionVerified account @NWSEastern 10m10 minutes ago

The @WeatherSTEM camera at Carter-Finley Stadium (NC State University) caught these great visuals of a microburst that occurred on the northwest side of Raleigh NC Tuesday afternoon. The storm kncked down trees in the Oak Park Community. Thanks to @GStephenson_Wx for the photos.

D_rg8TOWkAAdIRB.jpg
D_rg80mWsAAwoxe.jpg
D_rg9OmXoAE7z3M.jpg