• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 OBS

Tarheel17

Morning everyone, first-time poster here! I've followed this site for years and have been a weather junkie my whole life. I grew up in the Raleigh area but attended high school in DC before going to Clemson University. I then worked in the Greensboro area for a few years before moving to Charlotte for several years and, recently, I purchased a house and am back home in Raleigh (North Hills area). In other words, I have seen a lot of our local climates and this site has been an excellent source of information for me for all weather events across the sub-forum. I have greatly enjoyed all the posters here and hope I can help contribute as well.

For a report: It got down to a "cool" 73 imby last night and is bone-dry. We have been between storms since the big one that hit the 5-points area through this "wet" period, without a single measurable rainfall (aside from a few token raindrops each day). Saw NWS backed off our chances for rain today from 70% yesterday to 40% today. Still showing 60% tonight and we need it badly. My yard looks has taken on that "mid summer" look. Hope today breaks that trend!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently a miserable 94/75. Got fringed by the earlier storm and still no measurable rain. Hi-res models did well with main coverage area south and east of here. Hoping the boundary up north makes it here during daylight so we can squeeze something out of these 3 straight days of 60% rain chances and 0.00! 

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Thunder all night for like 8 hours. Tons of rain to. Didnt see that coming.

same here - had about 3.5" of rain with a huge electrical storm.  I thought it was interesting, as I watched laying on the floor between my terrified dogs lol