Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July Discobs 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, yoda said:

As in HX above 100 starting on Wednesday?  No thanks

:lol: No I meant just tomorrow morning. A beautiful start.

Now if we get HX of 115F+ with 7000+j/kg mlcape and 80+kt deep-layer flow... wait what happened?

Anyway 50's/low 60's tomorrow morning would be beautiful indeed.

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
On 6/30/2019 at 8:07 PM, yoda said:

@mattie g from yesterday afternoon

At 4:15 PM EDT, 1 WSW Belle Haven [Fairfax Co, VA] PUBLIC reports HAIL of ping pong ball size (E1.50 INCH). HAIL UP TO PING PONG BALL SIZE COVERING THE GROUND

https://mobile.twitter.com/iembot_lwx/status/1145423022557257728

It'll be mine soon enough.

12 hours ago, JakkelWx said:

Great summer evening bike ride conditions but the noseeums are horrible. Got a couple hit my eye and apparently they sting??

The no-see-ums (biting midges) do bite/sting, but regular old gnats don't.

I've never really had much of an issue with them around here, but they are the bane of my existence when fishing down in Hilton Head. I need Nuclear Level Off, and reapply on the regular, to keep them at bay.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Another stellar morning.  Got into the 50s again at 59 . Probably the last of the nice overnight lows for a while . 

3k and Hrdps have  a decent line of convective showers and storms late evening coming due south out of Pa fwiw.

I'm watching the activity in Michigan right now (MCV with some convection) that will drop to the southeast throughout the day. CAPE will be limited early but could rise to over 1,000 J/kg (mlcape that is) especially west of I-95 by mid-late afternoon ( the later it gets the higher CAPE gets). It will be interesting to see whether anything can grow upscale a bit and move in from the northwest later.   

• Like 1

6z NAM3 looked really good for mid-evening MCS, but the 12z has the storms weakening hard as they arrive.     HRRR isn't as excited.    That said, the HREF 4-hr probs of reflectivity exceeding 40 dbz within 20 km of a point for the late afternoon /early evening period over most of northern and central MD are upwards of 70%

• Like 1

6z NAM3 looked really good for mid-evening MCS, but the 12z has the storms weakening hard as they arrive.     HRRR isn't as excited.    That said, the HREF 4-hr probs of reflectivity exceeding 40 dbz within 20 km of a point for the late afternoon /early evening period over most of northern and central MD are upwards of 70%

Is there a link to that graphic? Sounds useful/interesting.

• H2O unpinned this topic