• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

July Discobs 2019

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got to 60 this morning.  1st flakes are only a little over  3 short months away :D

STOP IT

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Got to 60 this morning.  1st flakes are only a little over  3 short months away :D

f4zucXa.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks, Yoda. Somehow LWX deleted my Skywarn information despite claiming they don't do that. I took Basics I when I was 13 (with permission/waivers from my parents and approved by staff at LWX). I used my spotter ID successfully for years - went to report something a year or two ago and was told my spotter ID didn't belong to me. I questioned them and just gave up. I don't have the time to go to in-persons basics I training...so this is perfect. 

Still would like to know what went wrong over at Sterling to apparently reassign my ID...

So much for the dry period . Light rain a couple miles north of Westminster.  2 days in a row with highs in the 70s . Just got home and its 76/65 ...can't beat it man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

So much for the dry period . Light rain a couple miles north of Westminster. 

Afternoon AFD did mention a chance of a few pop up showers as a upper trough axis moves through the region 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Thanks, Yoda. Somehow LWX deleted my Skywarn information despite claiming they don't do that. I took Basics I when I was 13 (with permission/waivers from my parents and approved by staff at LWX). I used my spotter ID successfully for years - went to report something a year or two ago and was told my spotter ID didn't belong to me. I questioned them and just gave up. I don't have the time to go to in-persons basics I training...so this is perfect. 

Still would like to know what went wrong over at Sterling to apparently reassign my ID...

Same thing happened to me. Mine was worse though. I took the course and they were supposed to mail everything. Apparently Babs never got to it so I wasted the whole evening at Mary Washington in Arlington sometime in the mid-2000s. That's all for nothing. I never bothered following up.

16 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

Same thing happened to me. Mine was worse though. I took the course and they were supposed to mail everything. Apparently Babs never got to it so I wasted the whole evening at Mary Washington in Arlington sometime in the mid-2000s. That's all for nothing. I never bothered following up.

Apologies to others for the banter - 

But @Stormpc - I attributed mine to the whole being under the age limit when I originally trained. Whole thing was strange. 

Pretty cool boundary being pushed west by the storms in PG and extreme SE Fairfax county toward Mt. Vernon on radarscope... you can also see another being pushed south through N VA too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Good thing it means nothing for our backyards.

:lol:

Well actually have had a few showers off and on the past hour

Got under one of the really intense showers early tonight. Picked up more rain today in Stafford (0.76”) than I did yesterday (0.21”) go figure

17 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Admit it ...you like the tease:ph34r:

not yet! get me through September and then i will be ready. 

Borrowed from bluewave's posting ..... interesting that his area, and ours, are the warmest across the country.

Of note to me is the cold pool and the cooler temps far to the NE and the warmth near us from NYC to Eastern NC, associated possibly with the warm Atlantic SSTs. 

333B27CB-C46C-4520-97D7-7081CEC745A8.gif.f0b358ecea7a2a5f9ae27789042dbc88.gif

Where is Chuck ?

If the cycle of the NAO goes according to plan we will bake next winter with a super strong WAR. Just kidding, but the remarkable continuation of NAO blocking continues, as it means nothing now for cooler, actually in later summer it is associated with warmer weather here. But when it flips it will last for many months.

nao.sprd2.gif