Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July Discobs 2019

George BM

Just now, losetoa6 said:

I was wondering that myself . Do the dews lol. Yep high dews and pwats definitely more common lately along with more FF local events 

If memory serves me correctly I believe @bluewave mentioned the Super Nino being responsible to a degree for this.

Many recent dew point records have taken place since the peak of the Super Nino.  

In addition ( also from a conversation with bluewave ) the robust WAR and warm SW Atlantic SSTs have helped in delivering many records recently across the East , of which,  many have been late in the summer and the early Fall. 

When plottted these records clearly follow the Western flank of the WAR from the SE , Florida  up to the Mid Atlantic .

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was wondering that myself . Do the dews lol. Yep high dews and pwats definitely more common lately along with more FF local events 

Also,  the Pac Jet has set another warm season record. Same thing happened in the Winter and screwed up our cold and storm tracks. 

It is acting to pump up the WAR , similiar to the winter as well. The Pac Jet also hindered the forecast of Winter West coast ridging, which looked like it would develop on the weeklies/seasonals and then was fractured by the might Pac jet. 

5 minutes ago, frd said:

If memory serves me correctly I believe @bluewave mentioned the Super Nino being responsible to a degree for this.

Many recent dew point records have taken place since the peak of the Super Nino.  

In addition ( also from a conversation with bluewave ) the robust WAR and warm SW Atlantic SSTs have helped in delivering many records recently across the East , of which,  many have been late in the summer and the early Fall. 

When plottted these records clearly follow the Western flank of the WAR from the SE , Florida  up to the Mid Atlantic .

Western boundary ocean currents are among the first ocean regions to persistently warm above the long-term average. They are the primary mechanism in which excess heat in the system is transported towards the polar regions. The excess heat can only be explained by one phenomenon alone which are Anthropogenic forcings. I figured you guys already understood how potent the energy imbalance could become if left unmitigated. It's one thing to accept it and another to not understand it.

and also for whatever it's worth we had our Warmest June globally on record. So there's alot of heat in the system.

3 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

We have a fundraiser an all your eat crab feed at New Windsor fd this evening...hope we crack 100.  Should be fun.

If I were closer I be there.  Looks yummy !   I LOVE crabs !!!

60651693_2323390007717372_4619565780176994304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkvmUPwrMeGFADVR8Uk40sn_sEW2nCueAXrYn1PaQYG8lHYAEnSRuvWXRd6ff3c1Cc&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-3.fna&oh=5694d02eab476be90c4d56a877755cd4&oe=5DA548C8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vice-Regent said:

The AGW signal is finally more than background noise riding on natural cycles. Such is the way of things at this time.

About the 2016 Super El Nino. It appears to have amplified the AGW water vapor feedback loop.

It shows that we could do another Super El Nino in 2020. It's noise though. 

• Thanks 1

• H2O unpinned this topic