Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2019

George BM

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Pretty big real feel difference between yesterday afternoon and today for me personally.  I worked in direct sun both days and today kicked my ass in the afternoon.  Yesterday was much lower dews . At 5pm when I got home it was 90/75 here . I'm sure Eldersburg at the job was warmer . 

It's definitely more uncomfortable than yesterday. No question. I was just outside watering and it is muggy, but tolerable. All shade here except for a bit of sun popping through the trees in places. If I was out in full sun it would be much more uncomfortable. My temp is down to 85 (in shade) and dew point is now 70. Living in the woods has its advantages.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Lightning and thunder galore . Starting to get some moderate to heavy rain but the bulk probably will slide south omby.

I was in the Manchester FD parade tonight and watched that complex roll through. We missed the majority of the event but Sykesville, Taneytown and Winfield got about a dozen to a dozen and a half calls related to the storm.  Sykesville FD is still out at the Michaels strip mall investigating the lightning strike to the building.

8 hours ago, high risk said:

6z NAM3 looked really good for mid-evening MCS, but the 12z has the storms weakening hard as they arrive.     HRRR isn't as excited.    That said, the HREF 4-hr probs of reflectivity exceeding 40 dbz within 20 km of a point for the late afternoon /early evening period over most of northern and central MD are upwards of 70%

Man good job sniffing this event out.  We tend to do okay with NW flow events in the middle of the summer.  Looking back on it we had enough reports to more than justify a watch box and slight risk for today.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Man good job sniffing this event out.  We tend to do okay with NW flow events in the middle of the summer.  Looking back on it we had enough reports to more than justify a watch box and slight risk for today.

over 200 wind reports in the MRGL area.    Boxes definitely would have been justified in MD and OH.

and thanks!   The HREF is an underutilized tool on this board, but its probabilities are being generated by aggregating several really good CAMs, so it's almost always worth a look.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Getting some good rain after barely missing several times over the last 10 days.  No getting mutilated by mosquitos watering this evening.

I noticed that while I was getting completely split during the first round. The second line dropped 0.6" or so per radar (waiting for CoCoRaHS to confirm), which was quite nice. Love it when storms come through just after dinner to cool things down and not allow enough time for the sun to heat things up again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I noticed that while I was getting completely split during the first round. The second line dropped 0.6" or so per radar (waiting for CoCoRaHS to confirm), which was quite nice. Love it when storms come through just after dinner to cool things down and not allow enough time for the sun to heat things up again.

Somehow managed to be the min in the immediate area, but the yard needed it so no worry.

2233F7DA-DDF6-4818-A5BA-7BD80B843D7D.thumb.jpeg.2410cb713ebe3b987740b4e9d9192884.jpeg

• H2O unpinned this topic