Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Discobs 2019

George BM

1 minute ago, jacindc said:

I have been sitting smack in the middle of this insane storm for 20 minutes now, on River Road just outside the Beltway. Crazy lightning, wind changing direction multiple times, etc. Wow.

storm of the year here imo.  packed with vitamins.

5 minutes ago, jacindc said:
8 minutes ago, 87storms said:
storm of the year here imo.  packed with vitamins.

I'm in a spot with huge panoramic windows looking north and west, and this might be the most amazing storm I've ever seen. Certainly up there with the derecho.

agreed, no doubt up there on a localized level.  i'm pissed...i missed the first microburst because i didn't hit play lol.  got some vid of the 2nd one though and of course hit play right after a legit cg strike across the way.  this might actually be the best storm i've experienced since the derecho.  it's amazing how these are so imby.  i'm texing with my friend in ellicott who said it's calm there.

Definitely best lightning in years here!

Qualifies as strobe lightning.  Got some footage with the wide angle lens.  Not too many bolts just tons of lit up mammatus!  Looks absolutely evil like what you'd see in a Frankenstein film!

Highest wind gust 26 mph, gentle breeze IMO.

Decent rain, still raining.  Nice heat wave breaker.

Had a nice, close CG strike in the pasture, caused the driveway alarm to chirp like a demented cricket! ;)

5 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Detached and packed my weather station from my house in Woodbridge today.  I disabled it around 4pm at the high for the day, 100.3. Final day I can report. Missed all of the storms. 

What are you doin down in Currituck North Carolina? You on vacation or did you move down there for good? You really dont want to try and pull a Jebman Special and move south where it never snows lmao.........

• H2O unpinned this topic