Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2019

George BM

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Just got the FFW alert.  Radar estimates of 3.3”/hr just west of Hagarstown.  The turn south appears to have commenced.  Come to papa.

Desperate times when we want flooding just to join the rain party others have had.

23 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

57 and sunny here in Vermont. Perfect.

It still looks like less than a tenth of an inch has fallen over the past 8 days at home lol. Cant wait to return my scorched brown yard. :thumbsdown:

I drove down from my place up there last night. The rapid change in air mass in northeast Pennsylvania was like driving into a jar of Vaseline at speed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Just got the FFW alert.  Radar estimates of 3.3”/hr just west of Hagarstown.  The turn south appears to have commenced.  Come to papa.

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

Desperate times when we want flooding just to join the rain party others have had.

I'm at work in DC; just got dark as hell, so I can watch it pour from the office. Hoping home gets enough to at least close Burke Road at Dead Man's Corner (such a dumb name). That spot floods when I p**s in the creek, so if it doesn't wash over today then this even is weak.

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'm at work in DC; just got dark as hell, so I can watch it pour from the office. Hoping home gets enough to at least close Burke Road at Dead Man's Corner (such a dumb name). That spot floods when I p**s in the creek, so if it doesn't wash over today then this even is weak.

Oh that thing will be rolling if it rains like this there, which it should.  I'm at Rt 50 and a mile west of 495 and it is flat out torrential rain now

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Oh that thing will be rolling if it rains like this there, which it should.  I'm at Rt 50 and a mile west of 495 and it is flat out torrential rain now

If the trajectory remains, then we'll be right on the western edge of the heaviest rain. Knife's-edge-type stuff for Burke.

15 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I’ve never seen floodwaters in N Arlington until today. Garbage cans are lying in low sections of hilly streets. If you know of Williamsburg between Glebe and Old Dominion, don’t go down it. Foot of water in some spots and impassable on one side due to debris at present.

Heaviest strip via radar and PWS is from Frederick down just west of 270 to ~CIA HQ and then into north Arlington.  3-5" in a short timeframe.  That is awesome stuff.  I'm over 2" so far.  What a beast.

Instantaneous and total in the two right columns.

Capture.JPG.7080e800c76a9d3098e2c4d3b0ee4158.JPG

• Like 2

• H2O unpinned this topic