• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    GCWarrior
    Newest Member
    GCWarrior

July pattern(s) and discussion

Constant lightning in Narragansett for past 45 minutes. 9e2ab9c3de8e89c942eb789995b8d155.jpg&key=07565d3fda8cf990b70dfaa752b266c1b2890f0e86060a43da4c1b1ae3181d38

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Going on round two here (Smithfied/Lincoln/Cumberland RI area). After round one (which, as always, pepped up as it moved east of us) the air was nice and cool. I thought it was over, went inside. Round one seemed to be more cloud-to-cloud. 

Then more thunder, so I went outside to check it out. It was completely hot and muggy again. Round two sounds more like cloud to ground.

So we've been seeing lightning (flashes, not bolts) and listening to thunder for well over an hour now.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

Jealous. Haven't had a good tstorm all summer

Sort of run of the mill storms but we haven’t had any here to speak of

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Can't wait to see what EWB puts up, because dual-pol DPR is estimating 7.8"/hr.

Gauge shit the bed. Can't make this stuff up. lol

Awesome evening listening to the rain and thunder from inside a warehouse in Waterford.  Massive, heavy rain.  At home in Salem now.  1.88" so far and still moderate rain.

Watching the radar loop of this and that trailing line was hauling ass that it caught up to the lead line just as it was hitting the cape.  Probably lent to some low level circulation.  Fascinating stuff to watch unfold.

The best argument I can make for it is it's in a region of plenty of 0-3 km shear (favorable for QLCS mesovortices) and it's near the warm front. Otherwise, I feel pretty meh about that one for an actual tornado.

Now QLCS mesovortices don't always produce tornadoes, but they can enhance downdrafts (a la Bob's image). I would probably have stuck to the SVR with "tornado possible" tag.

Just now, OceanStWx said:

The best argument I can make for it is it's in a region of plenty of 0-3 km shear (favorable for QLCS mesovortices) and it's near the warm front. Otherwise, I feel pretty meh about that one for an actual tornado.

Now QLCS mesovortices don't always produce tornadoes, but they can enhance downdrafts (a la Bob's image). I would probably have stuck to the SVR with "tornado possible" tag.

Yeah, that’s a nasty downdraft but I can see why they pulled the tornado trigger.  The rotation enchanted/tightened up as that trailing squall line caught up to the leading one on the southern edge of it.

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, that’s a nasty downdraft but I can see why they pulled the tornado trigger.  The rotation enchanted/tightened up as that trailing squall line caught up to the leading one on the southern edge of it.

Enchanted rotation?  I learn something new every day lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

Stupid autocorrect 

I knew what you meant... just had to mention it though once I saw it :lol: