Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As far as getting relief, H Indexs at Misquamicut are going to be near 88 Sat Sun, but unless you get there before 9 am good luck getting in. Go to the fishermans lot in Weekapaug around 8 am walk up to the beach for free, take a hard right walk past the Seaside beach club and plop her down. 

My pool and a floating cooler...I’m all set.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Euro is some 8 degrees less than GFS here. South Shoreline in the 80s BID would be the spot to be

That seems suspect given the forecast winds.  South shore shouldn’t be helped that much unless there’s cloud debris.

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

It’s also fun to be in brutal cold right?  Easier to understand?

It's a personal preference thing.  Whether comfy or not, I take pleasure in high-anomaly weather events, but recall them differently.  On Hot Saturday we were picking blueberries until about noon and the heat was absolutely awful.  Then we drove to Acadia and found some 70° water just south of otter Cliffs, by far the warmest salt water I've encountered in Maine.  41 months later I was snowshoeing in NW Maine near the Canadian border on a -40 morning - got up nearly to -20 by noontime - and it also was memorable, but I found it far more bearable than the big heat.  YMMV  (As a nod to safety that chilly morning, we went out in pairs rather than all 4 of us going solo.  My much lighter chum wanted to do all the trailbreaking as he couldn't stay warm while walking in my tracks.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tamarack said:

It's a personal preference thing.  Whether comfy or not, I take pleasure in high-anomaly weather events, but recall them differently.  On Hot Saturday we were picking blueberries until about noon and the heat was absolutely awful.  Then we drove to Acadia and found some 70° water just south of otter Cliffs, by far the warmest salt water I've encountered in Maine.  41 months later I was snowshoeing in NW Maine near the Canadian border on a -40 morning - got up nearly to -20 by noontime - and it also was memorable, but I found it far more bearable than the big heat.  YMMV  (As a nod to safety that chilly morning, we went out in pairs rather than all 4 of us going solo.  My much lighter chum wanted to do all the trailbreaking as he couldn't stay warm while walking in my tracks.)

Both of those activities is what I would relish!  In my younger days I’d winter camp in some brutal conditions.  Not now-too soft I guess.    I decided I’ve slept on the ground enough.

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve told this story before.  Leaving LA for good took me through Needles.  I had to make it to the south rim of the Grand Canyon that day and I was getting tired.  It was about 3PM and about 117F.  I passed a Macdonalds and ordered a hot coffee....and stood outside in the sun drinking it to see what it was like.  Verdict:  awesome!  

I love this story