• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

July pattern(s) and discussion

43 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Hottest stretch of the season incoming and ditty not present to claim his trophy.

The Stopped Clock trophy?  Or the participation medal?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Did you step on doggie doo and track it in the house today? Very angry. 

Your answers were about this subject indicate you are ascared of rocking the boat,  I get it but call me Trump again... there Hillary. Lol Nice diversion from the subject, pretty much right out of the playbook. Man you indoctrinated well. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Your answers were about this subject indicate you are ascared of rocking the boat,  I get it but call me Trump again... there Hillary. Lol Nice diversion from the subject, pretty much right out of the playbook. Man you indoctrinated well. 

I have no idea what you are talking about. The forecast to me given all the guidance was fine. There are in fact areas of 20-24” of rain. However:

1) it fell N and W of Baton Rouge and NOLA thus limiting any potential flood there. 

2) it fell in a narrow area. 

Given how lopsided the system was, I’m not surprised. But, can’t fault the forecast.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Crooked Scoot?

Lyin’ Kev?

Little Wizzo?

We should all go back to where we came from?

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We should all go back to where we came from?

Dear God, please don't deport me back to Newark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

58 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Hot Saturday in reverse.  Hot Saturday was followed by a hellacious bd dropping Sunday afternoon temperatures to the low 60s.  Thursday this week looks chilly followed by heating up to Saturday’s crescendo.

Most welcome BD of my memory.  As of that Saturday evening, BGR forecast for Sunday was for near 100.  Waking up to 70° with sprinkles was a joy.

P&C has 100 at ASH on Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I never thought nema/senh is that big of a torch spot, oh dang.

You get downsloping off the VT/NH mountains, plus you have the Merrimack River Valley and general low lying marshy terrain in that area.

Looks like the euro tries to mix out the dews up here a bit Sat...hence the low 100s. Meanwhile it’s hitting NYC/SNE with dews of Jurassic yore in the low 80s. I’d lop off 3-5° on all of it. 100/65 for MHT and 96/76 for HFD. 

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You get downsloping off the VT/NH mountains, plus you have the Merrimack River Valley and general low lying marshy terrain in that area.

Makes sense but thought being close to the cool GOM waters would limit big heat. I guess with W winds though it doesn’t matter much. 

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He prolly believes in the magic bullet theory , move along .

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Makes sense but thought being close to the cool GOM waters would limit big heat. I guess with W winds though it doesn’t matter much. 

Does not matter at all. Logan is one of the hottest, if not hottest in SNE with west winds. Water only matters when it's onshore. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Does not matter at all. Logan is one of the hottest, if not hottest in SNE with west winds. Water only matters when it's onshore. 

That site runs warm though. Don’t you get some low level coolness from the water regardless of winds? Like when I’m in NYC on N/NW winds, I still notice a temp difference between uptown and downtown (financial district) as downtown is exposed to the open waters moreso....at least it ‘feels’ cooler. 

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like the euro tries to mix out the dews up here a bit Sat...hence the low 100s. Meanwhile it’s hitting NYC/SNE with dews of Jurassic yore in the low 80s. I’d lop off 3-5° on all of it. 100/65 for MHT and 96/76 for HFD. 

It does appear we should or could certainly mix down dews as the day progresses...probably starting off quite humid

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That site runs warm though. Don’t you get some low level coolness from the water regardless of winds? Like when I’m in NYC on N/NW winds, I still notice a temp difference between uptown and downtown (financial district) as downtown is exposed to the open waters moreso....at least it ‘feels’ cooler. 

It shouldn't matter really. In all my years watching Logan, warm bias or not, they torch on west winds. There really is not a conduction aspect from water to temps with a stout west or southwest wind. Perhaps being near the water and open allows for stronger winds and maybe it feels cooler?

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It shouldn't matter really. In all my years watching Logan, warm bias or not, they torch on west winds. There really is not a conduction aspect from water to temps with a stout west or southwest wind. Perhaps being near the water and open allows for stronger winds and maybe it feels cooler?

Probably just a feel then especially when you get stiffy nw winds funneling down midtown to downtown skyscrapers. When I’m uptown you don’t have the funneling aspect yet so it feels warmer. 

6 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Better then the wet tator tot

A soggy noodle would be problematic too but age rapidly creeps up on us. Must use it until we lose it. 

Low 100s on Saturday for a high, then low 50s for a high on Monday per the GFS for CNE and NNE. Lol that would be something.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, Monday, Ah no.

image.thumb.png.1709a6c33411cd06883a4af4ec224f21.png

holy shite, that's ridiculous for Saturday. We'll be having 25-30 people over. maybe we'll be partying in the basement.