Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,515
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews
    Joined
Typhoon Tip

July pattern(s) and discussion

Recommended Posts

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Anyone else getting swarmed with annoying, tan, medium sized (similar to Japanese beetle) beetles?

 

pretty sure they are in my pool skimmer............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 512high said:

pretty sure they are in my pool skimmer............

Yup. A bunch in our pool the last few days.  Not just in my yard, we went to the next town over to get some ice cream and werr getting pelted by them.

Looks like either oriental beetles, or European chafer beetles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Let's hoist the frost and freeze adv now and adjust as needed

18z says bite it!

It tries to "cool down" but really evolves the heat wave into a Bahama Blue pattern... Conveyor/ deep train coastal stride flow all the way up... 575 to 580 thickness.... probably replete with brilliant white narrow CBs oriented into training bands.

That sort of pattern isn't "hot" per se...but you can move without dripping.   So...sorta... it's just the type of look ( apparently ) everyone in this social media either dreads/fears or pretends to...

But.... being that it's in the deep range, doesn't inspire a lot of conidence -no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup. A bunch in our pool the last few days.  Not just in my yard, we went to the next town over to get some ice cream and werr getting pelted by them.

Looks like either oriental beetles, or European chafer beetles.

Yup we get those nasty things... always on the screens  at night and in the pool filter... actually pretty nice outside now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18z says bite it!

It tries to "cool down" but really evolves the heat wave into a Bahama Blue pattern... Conveyor/ deep train coastal stride flow all the way up... 575 to 580 thickness.... probably replete with brilliant white narrow CBs oriented into training bands.

That sort of pattern isn't "hot" per se...but you can move without dripping.   So...sorta... it's just the type of look ( apparently ) everyone in this social media either dreads/fears or pretends to...

But.... being that it's in the deep range, doesn't inspire a lot of conidence -no

Just looked.. that run is very interesting.. starts to develop  a storm in the next day or two then blows it up in the gulf.. and brings it up to the west of here..  guessing that caused it to be different  from 12z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Still 79 after a high of 89 with borderline high humidity. Summer day. 

Warm but comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

77/58. This constant heat and humidity is killer...  joking aside it has been hot but nothing like last year.  Last year had the extremely  high dews.. this year not so much

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Beautiful night. Top 50'er this summer

0714192039.jpg

One of Ginx old flip phones?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really just an archetypcal summer day here in the 'well. 88F, scorching sun..tropical humidity, the usual. Still 78 out there and feels like a sauna right now! Gonna try to hit the beach soon..hopefully by now the water on the Cape isn't super chilly anymore, or at least warm enough to keep the shrinkage to a minimum..:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am enjoying this. 2019 is definitely one of the best summers yet. If not, okay too. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We cocktail late into the evening on nights like this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frontalysis cfront limping thru. Prolly DP drain ... but may also get nocturnally masked.  Tomorrow should be drier by a little once mixed out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I am enjoying this. 2019 is definitely one of the best summers yet. If not, okay too. :)

It has been enjoyable... ups and downs with periods of deep summer heat/humidity, followed by drier intrusions.  

Regardless, it’s July so any sunny day is going to be very effective at warming the surface, and keeping it warm.  CAA at 850 or even 925mb doesn’t affect the surface like it does in January for sure.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That might be a better name for him Dr Flip

Or flop.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dendrite said:

Still no data for CON for all of July. Climo data fail. 

Don't you worry. We have our snow observer taking precip measurements and the have the river gauges to back up temps, we just have to go through the motions of fixing and trying to recover the data before we back fill.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Don't you worry. We have our snow observer taking precip measurements and the have the river gauges to back up temps, we just have to go through the motions of fixing and trying to recover the data before we back fill.

What about the ever important dew data? ;)

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What about the ever important dew data? ;)

We'll start high and adjust up as needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×