• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

I remember back ... summer, 2003 I think.. Or maybe it was summer of 2004.  I was living in Winchester Mass. I recall one afternoon smoke was so dense, but at elevation, that the sun was reduced to either just an orb, or gone altogether.  

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I was speaking to the DP with my lower number in that 105/75 facsimile ..  As in, the sun has to work to heat that much water for that context -

That's pretty interesting that you get Coyote howls there...  Not to be silly, but are there Wolves... I really don't know.  Off the top of my head I'm inclined to think not... Between the St L. seaway and human presence ...both may act as a block ( former ) and deterrent ( latter ) and maybe that removed them over time.

So was I, thinking that dews must've been several ticks above 70 to allow such a warm minimum. 

Since I've lived in Maine (46 years) there have been two confirmed wolves killed, both 25-30 years ago.  One was confirmed as a released captive animal, the other a wild critter from north of the St. Lawrence.  As with the cougar reports, I await either roadkills or trailcam confirmation of anything beyond released animals or the odd migrant (like the roadkill cougar in CT.)  The other potential cougar confirmation would be a large animal kill - deer or moose - with lots of its hair scratched off or fluffed up (to deter scavengers) and at least partially covered by leaves and/or duff.  Until such time as that kind of evidence is presented, or of adults with young, I don't think there's breeding populations of either species in the area.

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I remember back ... summer, 2003 I think.. Or maybe it was summer of 2004.  I was living in Winchester Mass. I recall one afternoon smoke was so dense, but at elevation, that the sun was reduced to either just an orb, or gone altogether.  

June 02 maybe?

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Glad we dont live there. You would be educated about AQI if you could take the time to read. The alert is for Ozone not smoke, the laughs on you. Congrats to all those who get cracks on their gaskets on their gas powered toys. Damage!

Topping off the gas tank at the pumps contributes too.

80/62F  Haze and smoke.  Even so I can see Mt Keasarge which is 20 miles south so not too bad.

Lawn and flower garden watering has commenced.  Last weekend's T storms .15" didn't do much.  Hopefully showers and storms Thurs PM into Friday to give a soak before more dry weather.  Although SNE had a very wet 2018 summer I did not.  This year everything is much greener for sure

Speaking of AC's...this is ridiculous. 

Walk next door to lunch and wearing short sleeves...beautiful...lovely. Go inside and eat there and IT'S FREEZING. I nearly froze. It is NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE THE AIR ON THAT COLD. Can people not really take a little heat? Is a little warmth too much?? wah wah wah I'm a little uncomfortable and I hate it...let me turn up the AC so its a localized ice'd age. I mean my goodness..wtf. It's not even hot out. All this climate control crap is ridiculous 

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Walk next door to lunch and wearing short sleeves...beautiful...lovely. Go inside and eat there and IT'S FREEZING. I nearly froze. It is NOT NECESSARY TO HAVE THE AIR ON THAT COLD. Can people not really take a little heat? Is a little warmth too much?? wah wah wah I'm a little uncomfortable and I hate it...let me turn up the AC so its a localized ice'd age. I mean my goodness..wtf. It's not even hot out. All this climate control crap is ridiculous 

That’s awesome. Love it cold when I’m eating. No need for stale warm air.

2 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

Missed it by a degree yesterday.  Today; however, is going to be toasty on the tarmac.  88 @ noon time....we might hit 93 or 94. (still dry though)

Yeah I saw that this morning. Was close. They may be able to run a massive 90 + string of days together starting yesterday. Friday is the only iffy day. Depends on how soon it clears out 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

June 02 maybe?

Yeah ...maybe Brian.  It's been a ways back now.

Was there a something big that year - i'll google

EDIT: yup ... good call dude..  It was definitely this,    https://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/misc/020628/020628.html

That was crazy... I remember looking up at this surreal cast, the underside looked like a field of 'popped mammatta'  ... or a middle aged mom's busted ravioli 

16 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I have the AC debate/problem at the office.. 

Man, embarrassing ...but my hands get cold.   Literally ...sitting there at the computer scanning software and it's distracting.  Sometimes you get those gooseys along your ribs.  I feel like I don't need the AC that chilly but no one else seems to be complainin'.   Although, both Carolyn and Ashley have a space heater under their desks and once in a while I have to go in their office and I can hear the white noise of them runnin.   I'm like... warm air and white noise - how is that helping get work done.  Heh. 

I refuse to admit to a space heater as a middle aged male holding out hope - 

But I know what you mean. 

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

:weenie: 

Room temperature is debatable, It depends on the weather outside, If you want to keep it at 70°F when its 90°F out, Of course its going to feel cold, And its vice versa in the winter, Good luck trying to reach a temp of 60°F with window units in the summer with the air temp near 90, You will ice up big time, You probably have your apt temp set at what the hospitals keep theirs at in the winter....................:lol:

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I have the AC debate/problem at the office.. 

Man, embarrassing ...but my hands get cold.   Literally ...sitting there at the computer scanning software and it's distracting.  Sometimes you get those gooseys along your ribs.  I feel like I don't need the AC that chilly but no one else seems to be complainin'.   Although, both Carolyn and Ashley have a space heater under their desks and once in a while I have to go in their office and I can hear the white noise of them runnin.   I'm like... warm air and white noise - how is that helping get work done.  Heh. 

I refuse to admit to a space heater as a middle aged male holding out hope - 

But I know what you mean. 

Are you hiding under their desks looking for peek a boos?

• Haha 1