Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Just taking a wild guess, but I’ve got money on DIT calling for an extremely hot and humid summer in 2020, 2021 and 2022.  

Amazing how some can make the same forecasts for years on end between certain months.  Almost like wishcasting?

I’m not even against calls for a very very very humid summer, just wish there was something backing it up instead of making the same claim literally every year.

Twitter Mets with full credentullz and Duh-greez on wall are serious sources.  Especially if they have followers and know how to post charts for easy (but not necessarily accurate) comprehension.  

40 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

acatt already struggling this month. That didn't take long. 

Something changed on June 26th... up here we only had 2 above normal days through the first 25 days of June, but then rattled off 4 of 5 days of +5< departures to end the month.

June 25 was -6 followed by June 26 of +6 as the switch was flipped.

A 69/48 day on June 25th after a string of below normal days.... followed by consecutive days of 83/59, 84/57, 85/56 ....that's warm in this locale.

-1.6F departure for June though.  It was a colder than normal month on the whole from the first 25 days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I def noticed the water was colder this year than it typically is. It felt like upper 60’s. Typically in a sunnier spring it’s up to 73-75 now. Still is nice and refreshing. 

Enjoy.  I'm looking forward to heading N tomorrow night.  Looks like mid/upper 80s right thru weekend

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You too. There’s nothing worse than heading on summer vacation to see temps forecast 70-75 and cold nights, knowing you can’t swim or stay warm. Have fun up there!

I need to score me some BB while there.  I still haven't had any.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I def noticed the water was colder this year than it typically is. It felt like upper 60’s. Typically in a sunnier spring it’s up to 73-75 now. Still is nice and refreshing. 

The water temp is 64 in Falmouth. It’s never 73-75 around July 4, unless your talking about a shallow pond somewhere Inland.