• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

82.5F  high for me with dews around 60F.   Few towering Cu's popping up and down

This mid-day timelapse from my front lawn exemplifies what I think of when I think of a perfect summer day.  One shower in the distant SW of the view

https://video.nest.com/clip/554140cc363e45d5ab5deaedc78f7d88.mp4

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It missed here, I guess you were further south towards oxford?

Luckily it missed us as well,  just a few loud rumbles of thunder, definitely makes you a bit  nervous being that deep in the woods, no cell service, no access to radarscope, lol...we were actually at Steep Rock Preserve, might have actually been north of you

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Perfect summer day with comfy dews. A little higher in CT, but temps are lower there.

image.png

81/66 here, typical summer day. We’re happy. 

19 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Luckily it missed us as well,  just a few loud rumbles of thunder, definitely makes you a bit  nervous being that deep in the woods, no cell service, no access to radarscope, lol...we were actually at Steep Rock Preserve, might have actually been north of you

Yea that’s up towards roxbury into the litchfield hills. Nice spot for hiking.

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What's this 5 days in a row of great July weather?

Other than last weekend the humidity has been fairly tame so far for summer. It’ll get muggier to start the work week, but we’ll bring them back down after Wednesday. Then we’ll see how that d10-15 trough shakes out. Trough axis may be just a bit west of us.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hit Fox Farm and Fat Orange Cat today . Was just balls out sticky and humid . Everyone we ran into was mentioning how hot and muggy this month has been. Especially the last few weeks. Told em wait till last 3 week of Augdewst 

You ever try any Medusa brews? 

43 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Did you ever snow right in san fran? 

You’re right of course.....my comment is more about CT failing in other weather related things like SVR or Trop.....of course I know that CT isn’t on the ring of Fire and it’s no knock on the state that the ground moving isn’t a thing here.....that said....SF has had its snow.....oddly Feb 5 is the snowiest on record with epic snows in 1887 and 1976 - somehow on the same date....for those who are not familiar with the area the surrounding hills and mountains have a more frequent probability of snow....it’s not rare that they get snow visible for miles on the upper elevations of the surrounding mountains once or twice per season.....

Of course a three hour drive northeast to Lake Tahoe puts those poor souls from the lowlands in the top 3 most prolific place for snow in the world.......its an easy trade to make....

For me though I do like living in a place where my routine is impacted by sustained snow and ice and general frozen scenarios.....it’s a change from the Bay Area I don’t hate.....I love it actually

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hit Fox Farm and Fat Orange Cat today . Was just balls out sticky and humid . Everyone we ran into was mentioning how hot and muggy this month has been. Especially the last few weeks. Told em wait till last 3 week of Augdewst 

How friggin glad are we we don't live there. CCT FTL

• Haha 1