• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

July pattern(s) and discussion

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Where the hell is James? Dawn awakening right here.

Busy with dangerous ex-TD3

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

New warning says tornado observed 

Source is still radar confirmed tornado though

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Nice totals being reported.  I thought ORH's 1.98" was pretty good until I read some of these others.

3.21 here. Ton of 3+ reports along the CT shoreline. 

My Dad finally got back to me. Said he was near beach in Yarmouth. Everything was mostly limbs until last few minutes. He said trees and power lines are down everywhere. He had to pull over and take cover behind a condo complex. Is just now on the way back to the cottage in Dennisport.

• Like 2

Just now, sbos_wx said:

My Dad finally got back to me. Said he was near beach in Yarmouth. Everything was mostly limbs until last few minutes. He said trees and power lines are down everywhere. He had to pull over and take cover behind a condo complex. Is just now on the way back to the cottage in Dennisport.

Good to hear that he is safe and okay

I remember when as an adolescent opening one of my first weather books ...and the description of tornadoes always began with, " Tornadoes can happen anywhere or any time"

Yup...even on a thin strip of land sticking out over a heat sink ocean

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

Glad he is safe.  Wonder how much of the Cape will be without power.  I'm guessing much of the damage will be trees, wires etc.

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Good to hear he is safe. I hope James is safe too...looked to go real close to him. 

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Good to hear that he is safe and okay

Yes, thank you, I must be the son of a weenie, I warned him about the tornado and he went to the beach at the Red Jacket.

From Twitter:

Yarmouth FD dealing with multiple incidents. Request full department recall. Route 28 is nearly impassible. Possible partial roof off structure on W Yarmouth Rd. Widespread damage from observed tornado.

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Good to hear he is safe. I hope James is safe too...looked to go real close to him. 

He may not get his hurricane but it looks like he cashed out on the tor