Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

yeah, not counting on much if anything. what's a guy gotta do to get a damn storm?? lawn in back is cooking away

you need to install irrigation bro and water often. 

Or try planting zoysia grass.  I have it in my front lawn that faces south on a hill and bakes in the sun, and I never water the stuff and it spreads every year choking out crab grass and weeds.....it's the best.  You might be a little far north for it though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Glad to see the Newtown storm shield is up and running...there has been thunder near by,  now 3 days in a row with not even a drop of rain, unreal how convection always misses this area in every direction!

Didn't you guys get spanked in May '18?

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hard to tell, but a lot of that error looks to occur during summer months?  Hard to see on the graph given the yearly output, but it looks like it’s the same time frame when it starts to drift.  

The 2014-2015 error was much greater than the other smaller fluctuations and it wasn't confined to summer. If it was part of a regular seasonal fluctuation then you wouldn't really think twice about it. Many ASOS stations actually have a slight drift warm in summer because mesonet stations are sitting on mulch beds. But that isn't what happened to BDL in that graph.

You typically want to look for something that isn't a recurring pattern and looks out of place. That's where I would question it. I used to QC huge amounts of coop and ASOS data back in the day as a side gig for a research team in the reinsurance industry and 2018-2019 BOS would definitely be flagged...so would BDL in that 2014-2015 stretch. 

15 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

you need to install irrigation bro and water often. 

Or try planting zoysia grass.  I have it in my front lawn that faces south on a hill and bakes in the sun, and I never water the stuff and it spreads every year choking out crab grass and weeds.....it's the best.  You might be a little far north for it though. 

I grow it fine here.