Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Lava Rock said:
5 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:
Last summer I couldn't score a thunderstorm for the life of me.  This summer getting hit frequently
T storm just ended   67/66F   .50"  more lighter cells to my SW

Summer tstorms seem like a thing of the past around here. I swear it's been about 3 yrs since we've had a good one

It’s weird how that happens.  Late 1990s/early 2000s we got hammered here.  

This year has been ok with small storms. 

There was a night or 2 maybe 10 years back in early July (the 7th or 9th maybe?), maybe a little more or a little less, that had some amazing radiational cooling setup for SNE, especially SE MA where the temps dropped in the lower 40's. Unheard of for that time of the year.

Anybody know or remember what year that was and have any graphics relating to it?

14 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

There was a night or 2 maybe 10 years back in early July (the 7th or 9th maybe?), maybe a little more or a little less, that had some amazing radiational cooling setup for SNE, especially SE MA where the temps dropped in the lower 40's. Unheard of for that time of the year.

Anybody know or remember what year that was and have any graphics relating to it?

You might be thinking of 2007. Couple of pretty cool nights right down to the shore right before the 4th. I had back to back upper 40s during that stretch, but that was back when you could get a night or two in the 40s in July and August even along the I-95 corridor just away from the water. Places like MVY and TAN radiate well, so lots of examples of 40s in the summer there.

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Those sites are not the most representative thou. I mean vineyard doesn’t see much heat in hot summers and HIE is best radiator 

MVY is a sandy pit, but still 7 lows of 46F or less. And I believe those are the only non-MWN New England obs of 32F in July during the ASOS era.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

What’s Boston lookin like for July departure 

should be a nice 91/75’ish Wednesday 

Through 7/30 it is +5.1 and today likely keep it close to that for the month.

BOS: +5.1   11  90+

ORH: +3.3    1  90+

PVD: +2.9    8  90+

BDL: +4.6.  18  90+

• Thanks 1