Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

nope

95 /69 not getting into the annual dew high heat convo but it has been a couple of hhh weeks in Wilmington minus the Hazey just hot and humid I guess. Wasn’t the original HHH hazey,hot and humid?

7 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Mount ORH 87

Same as MPV with cooler 850’s and 1165’ on a south breeze

It's inline with other obs though so that's why it isn't that weird. That's why we bother looking at MADIS. 

IMG_3151.PNG

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

At 2.65" here, thanks to the mini-jack Sunday evening.  Average for July is 3.92".  
Warmest here so far this year is 86° on the 20th, and I don't think today will beat it.  However, we're well on our way to sunny/m.sunny day #15 this month.  Previous best was 11 in 2010 and the average is closer to 5 (plus 20 days of partly cloudy, the default sky condition in our summers.)  I'm not a fan of big heat, but this is the nicest AN July I could ask for.

2.72" so far this month, Looks like our next shot is tomorrow, But finally dried out that wet area here.

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

No pics?

I only take pics of half inch to one inch upslope dustings on cars in dark ski area parking lots ;)

Unfortunately I was just running around closing the car and house windows, making sure the garden stakes were well in the ground before it started to pour.   It moved in pretty quick.  Didn't see any shelf clouds or anything overly cool or I would've.  A video of the storm arrival would've been better.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man, another pretty direct hit here.  Twice in 3 days. 

The garden is getting thrashed right now.  Sub-severe wind but definitely 30-40mph for several minutes along the front of this.

It had a wicked signature over the lake. Not a good time to be on the water.

31 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It had a wicked signature over the lake. Not a good time to be on the water.

Another cell moving this way that was just warned... just padding the July rainfall stats here at the end of the month.  First one was 0.44”, might get us over 5” on the month.  

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

So some loud booms from that cell near Jaffery NH.  

Yeah nice thunderhead on that one.  Died out quickly though.  The storms have been all around me recently but no direct hits besides a little pooper on Saturday. I think wachusett redirects them.