Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Warmer than the 20th? Maybe up there. 

Should tickle 90° here. Not a bad morning with 64°. Every night so far has been low to mid 60s so the nights and dews have been tolerable. 

I have had 4 days of 90+ here, I'm beginning to question his Davis.

25 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Does the coop still use a non-ASOS thermometer. I'd hope it does.

Found this

But it’s not all vintage fare atop Blue Hill. As it turns out, there’s also a modern ASOS here. It's essentially the same system they have at Logan and it's hourly data is just as available. The biggest difference, at least according to the gang here, is that theirs is perhaps slightly more accurate. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Found this

But it’s not all vintage fare atop Blue Hill. As it turns out, there’s also a modern ASOS here. It's essentially the same system they have at Logan and it's hourly data is just as available. The biggest difference, at least according to the gang here, is that theirs is perhaps slightly more accurate. 

That's kind of funny to read in light of the recent * at BOS. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have had 4 days of 90+ here, I'm beginning to question his Davis.

IDK Jeff, I put a FARS on the Davis about 3yrs ago and it stopped working not long after. Found out that the fan blades were/are hitting on the shroud, stopping it from spinning. Sometimes if I tap on the rn bucket, she'll start to spin, but I've kinda given up on it. So, without FARS, you'd think my temps would be running a little higher and possibly inaccurate, but I've got no other temp sensor to compare to. I'm thinking it's time to scrap the old Davis, now 15yrs old and get a new one. Pricey buggers though.

Meanwhile, only 2.1" rn for the month. What's everyone else got?

Blue hills may be one of the best sites to get a true trend. It’s a reservation with not a lot of immediate building. I know they had an issue with some tree growth possibly reducing overall wind averages, but you aren’t going to get building or landscaping around ASOS like you’ve had with these other stations. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its is sick, and don't get me started on the number of dog deaths.This week a man in NYC , I feel horribly for him but, left his two 1 year old twins in the car all day while he worked, he forgot to drop them off at daycare

Last week a woman in Jamestown RI left three dogs in a car. All perished.  She was a foster from what I heard. 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

BED is 93

850’s are 19c with mixing to 850 

torch spots 96-97 today 

i bet Denty wouldn’t toss it

i mean it’s 88 in Falmouth w SW breeze 

OWD has been warmer than usual as of late. And it’s not even close. I can’t do it now, but daytime temps really have seemed high there. Ive noticed on days with SW-W flow, they’ve been warmer than Logan. No way. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Like forgetting a kid or dog is in the car in the summer,  geezus I hope no one here is that preoccupied,over tired or upset their routine changed. Sad if true

In the last year while shuttling one of our kids to practice or rehearsal or lessons I have driven the wrong way several times.  

Our brains get fried, for me I wonder if it is my age