Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

City kids pretending one airport represents an entire state. So if Boston is hottest on record then Mass has hottest July on record,  its such fraud hot or cold. Take all the airports in a state, average them out then show me some stats and then I will be impressed.  Hot July, lots of low dews perfect. Hottest ever in the entire state, we all call bullshit 

This is true and a great statement. I hate how one location accounts for an entire area...that is incredibly misleading. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's been a very warm month all around. No denying that. While we may not have had an uber amount of 95+..it's just been warm all the time. Cold fronts of yore just don't happen much lately. 

Lol we spent a lot of hours in the 50s last week though, what exactly is a cold front of yore. 

9 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

The climate division averages would be more representative as it includes first order and co-op stations, so it's a good balance between airport and rural observations.

Yep we will see when the rankings come out. Top 5 for sure. No denying its been a hot one. Mix of dews and dry. One extreme weekend only. Many People not in the weather world have said it is hot but at least we dont have bad humidity like we did for 2 days. TV stations will push the BDL narrative hard though

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This is true and a great statement. I hate how one location accounts for an entire area...that is incredibly misleading. 

HFD weather stations will mention BDL a hundred times all the while ignoring the stats from their own city. If only people knew how far BDL is from HFD 16 miles. Same distance KEV is from IJD, yet you would never see him use IJD as representative of his town. 

59 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m sure Metherb will say his stats show it’s not even top 10 and say it hasn’t been hot,but officially it will be CT’s hottest ever. Just glad to have been a part of it 

CT is more than BDL & HFD.  The problem is it's been hot but not humid overall.  Sure we've had a few days here and there but that warmth has been mostly during the day with hot day time temperatures.  You've been calling for an HHH summer and I've been asking where the other two H's are.  They have been absent for the most part which has allowed for temps to drop at night.  We've also had below normal days and one down right chilly day.  

This July siting a few hundredths of a degree outside of being one of our top 10 warmest July's and there's still 3 days left to go so we'll see.  I don't make stuff up.  I record my high and low temperature every day using the same methods I've been using for 35 years.

You've doubled down and called for August to have at least 15 days with a Dp of 70 or higher but haven't qualified where and what counts which means you'll be able to claim you were right by cherry picking data and what qualifies.  Congrats!

Good morning I'm a new member from the New York City Forum I literally Live 5 miles from the Southwest Connecticut border So far this month I've had 15 days between 85 and 89 degrees, 5 days of 90 to 92, three days in the 70s two days between 80 and 84 and then the three-day Heatwave of 93 95 and 97 degrees. I've had 22 days of low temperatures in the 60s mostly mid to Upper. my temperature departure is + 3 but that's very deceiving as it's been one of the most Pleasant summers in years around here. 20 of the 28 days so far had dew points in the 60s or lower. Can't ask for better summer weather than this year

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

CT is more than BDL & HFD.  The problem is it's been hot but not humid overall.  Sure we've had a few days here and there but that warmth has been mostly during the day with hot day time temperatures.  You've been calling for an HHH summer and I've been asking where the other two H's are.  They have been absent for the most part which has allowed for temps to drop at night.  We've also had below normal days and one down right chilly day.  

This July siting a few hundredths of a degree outside of being one of our top 10 warmest July's and there's still 3 days left to go so we'll see.  I don't make stuff up.  I record my high and low temperature every day using the same methods I've been using for 35 years.

You've doubled down and called for August to have at least 15 days with a Dp of 70 or higher but haven't qualified where and what counts which means you'll be able to claim you were right by cherry picking data and what qualifies.  Congrats!

At my station and GON How’s that?

7 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

It's been normal summer here with the expected scattering of hot days.   The cool nights have made it seem tolerable.  I think I've only had 6 or 7 A/C days so far (far more in the car).  This afternoon I'll probably need it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Days near 80 with low dews. Now it’s cold fronts of bore. The cold is there, in Canada....just not making it south. 

Oh like the 24th and 25th of this month, many stations like Storrs Ct right near Kev recorded their monthly lows on the 25th in the 50s and didn't break 80. I realize you were in NH but last week but it your profile 

Screenshot_20190729-091531_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It's been damn warm down there, but idk...just seems like you're getting there in a boring way. There just hasn't been much in the way of BN days to offset the warmth. I'm still throwing an asterisk at BDL and BOS too.

This July has been nowhere near as uncomfortable as last year, even if it has been technically warmer. Dews have generally been manageable. 

46 minutes ago, binbisso said:

Good morning I'm a new member from the New York City Forum I literally Live 5 miles from the Southwest Connecticut border So far this month I've had 15 days between 85 and 89 degrees, 5 days of 90 to 92, three days in the 70s two days between 80 and 84 and then the three-day Heatwave of 93 95 and 97 degrees. I've had 22 days of low temperatures in the 60s mostly mid to Upper. my temperature departure is + 3 but that's very deceiving as it's been one of the most Pleasant summers in years around here. 20 of the 28 days so far had dew points in the 60s or lower. Can't ask for better summer weather than this year

Agreed, and welcome aboard.

27 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Many of us had it, sorry you missed it. Another one Kev over and over has told us is similar in climate to his area 

Screenshot_20190729-092158_Chrome.jpg

COOP site? Probably counting 1 cooler morning for 2 days. When I see multiple back to back mins that are the same it's a flag for that.

Outside of the stretch we had last week overnight lows/early AM temps have not been impressively warm. Now I know that I get cool or chilly much more easily than the average person but there have been numerous days this summer that when I'm stepping out in the morning (~ 5 AM) I need a light coat. Daytime temperatures have been rebounding quite well and obviously that stretch has been quite above-average in spots 

Just a quick look but little surprised by SPC’s limited interest in severe for Wednesday. Antecedent airmass looks great. As does timing for eastern third of the forum. Decent UL height falls...Limiting factor appears to be shear, but that parameter should be conducive in CNE/ NNE, for at least widespread pulse, maybe an MCS in SE NH/ Maine? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

At my station and GON How’s that?

I'd toss your station for dews, for the same reason I'd toss mine for average high temps.  Transpiration effect significantly limits heating while boosting TDs.

Finally got some rain last evening after missing out last week.  Noisy TS brought 0.82" in 45 minutes, with most coming 6-6:25 PM.  (I was in Farmington where the storm was much less interesting.)  Another shower arrived 9 PM w/o thunder and brought my total to 0.95".  No Farmington report on cocorahs (my guess is about 0.3") while Temple, one town farther west, got the treatment I had last week, 0.04".

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just stop with that bullshit. BDL only and thats questionable and its behind 2013 Every other place says meh including where people live. Ct does not encompass one airport. Get out of your metrodome and see the state, its a helluva lot bigger than one airport. 

BDR will be 3rd warmest July on record. Norfolk 7th on record. Norwich is 4th. 

So yes, BDL is leading the pack and CT as a whole will not have its warmest month on record... but probably top 2 or 3.