Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Right by a beech tree, waiting for the nuts to ripen.  And it's the scruffy fur-shed season.

We've had a string of break-ins (5 that I know of so far). One of our properties received some damage and our cleaners had to hide in a closet. Pretty wild! A mama bear with 3 cubs. She's completely fearless. Unfortunately she's going to have to be put down and the cubs sent to rehab. 

1 hour ago, alex said:

We've had a string of break-ins (5 that I know of so far). One of our properties received some damage and our cleaners had to hide in a closet. Pretty wild! A mama bear with 3 cubs. She's completely fearless. Unfortunately she's going to have to be put down and the cubs sent to rehab. 

The bear population seems to be exploding in my area of Central NH.  They are everywhere.  When one crosses our yard or field it's not even worth getting up off the sofa to take a look.   

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Right by a beech tree, waiting for the nuts to ripen.  And it's the scruffy fur-shed season.

We’ve had a ton of bears around the ski area lately, the dog and I ran into a mom and two cubs last week.  

This one yesterday though spent 8 hours in the Spruce Peak Base Area just destroying the custom landscaping.  They of course planted trees with berries on them that the bears think are skittles.  Looks like a severe storm went through with broken branches and limbs everywhere.  He climbs up, rips the trees apart and then goes down to eat the berries.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

The bear population seems to be exploding in my area of Central NH.  They are everywhere.  When one crosses our yard or field it's not even worth getting up off the sofa to take a look.   

Sightings have become more prevalent in my area too, my wife's friend had one in her yard in Leicester and she lives right off Stafford St.