Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Say no to timeshares...say yes to saving money for early retirement so you can go wherever the fuk ya want, whenever.

Ahh yes retirement . What people look forward to then when they get there and realize wherever they turn their wife / significant other is next to them and they don’t Nearly enjoy retirement like they “envisioned “ bc they got use to enjoy there marriage when both worked and barely saw each other . I’ll enjoy now (and later)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

OMG-major wardrobe malfunction.  Warehouse guys were the only ones with the guys to let me know of the big rip in the back of my pants!

Hang in there.  Same thing happened on my wedding day.  We were leaving the reception thankfully and I stepped into car and my pants split right up the back.  It was dark so no one but my wife knew but I feel for ya.

Europe never understood America’s love of air conditioning — until now

BERLIN — A second-sizzling heat wave that’s sweeping Europe this summer is fueling a shift in attitude across the continent to the once foreign concept of air conditioning.

Until now, fewer than five percent of all European households have air-conditioning, compared with 90 percent in the United States. But Europe’s air-conditioner stock is estimated to roughly double within the next two decades, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), as record heat becomes more frequent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/28/europes-record-heatwave-is-changing-stubborn-minds-about-value-air-conditioning/%3foutputType=amp

Wow. Never realized the less than 5 percent have AC in Europe. 

50 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ahh yes retirement . What people look forward to then when they get there and realize wherever they turn their wife / significant other is next to them and they don’t Nearly enjoy retirement like they “envisioned “ bc they got use to enjoy there marriage when both worked and barely saw each other . I’ll enjoy now (and later)

Lol, huh?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Europe never understood America’s love of air conditioning — until now

BERLIN — A second-sizzling heat wave that’s sweeping Europe this summer is fueling a shift in attitude across the continent to the once foreign concept of air conditioning.

Until now, fewer than five percent of all European households have air-conditioning, compared with 90 percent in the United States. But Europe’s air-conditioner stock is estimated to roughly double within the next two decades, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), as record heat becomes more frequent.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/world/2019/06/28/europes-record-heatwave-is-changing-stubborn-minds-about-value-air-conditioning/%3foutputType=amp

Wow. Never realized the less than 5 percent have AC in Europe. 

i'm doubting that 90% figure

I'll bet there are lots of (older) buildings in New England without AC. My high school was one of them even though it was built in the '80s. Being just a mile or two from water, when you had a warm late August/early September day, you would just open the windows.

Outside of the northern tier-the large swath of ac may well be well over 90%.  It’s basically a necessity in all of SNE for periods during the summer and even in NNE several nights per year.  

With that said, we’re heading to London and Paris at the end of summer.  We made sure everywhere we’re staying has ac.   I was in London about 30 years ago during a heat wave-it was tough!

• Like 1

Meanwhile back at home... 

The GFSX keeps flopping between a low-grade heatwave for locales such as Fitchburg to Bradley in the interior in the middle range.  But, it also had that for Thur-Saturday whence last weekend was outlooked    ...and we're not there.  So, trend for failure is afoot.   So take fwiw it does have 90 ... 92's Sun-Tue now ... 

The other thing...I'm noticing that the present NW Europe heat gets pinched off and lifted in latitude to where it formulates an at first extreme easterly biased -NAO ridge node. This feature then migrates toward Greenland in the extended... establishing a more rudimentary -NAO overall circulation look.. 

That may be our next heat shot, ... not from the source..But, summer R-wave length arguments do allow for some form of ridge in the spacing over eastern NA/ mid latitudes... It's not something that is either very high in confidence, or presently modeled... But, should the nearer termed behavior of using the heat departures in a planetary wave dispersal sequencing over the NE - N arc of the Atlantic transpire, I would not be surprised if semblances of ridging start emerging more and more for a time over the first two weeks of August.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol, huh?

Means ppl look forward to retirement and their  “golden years “ and then when they  reach them ...they often have a non enjoyable adjustment to seeing their spouse much more than when they were working and the retirement years are somewhat trying in a marriage ...(women share this with me all the time ) ...so then they try and volunteer or do whatever to have some freedom alone . Thus I’ll enjoy my vacationing now while I’m younger and able and free and will have fun w my company 

*for the record it seems more of the men are clueless to why their wives aren’t thrilled to having them home more especially if the women were used to having more free time before , probably bc their jobs /careers children masked the lack of things they shared in common and desire they don’t have in each other anymore 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Means ppl look forward to retirement and their  “golden years “ and then when they  reach them ...they often have a non enjoyable adjustment to seeing their spouse much more than when they were working and the retirement years are somewhat trying in a marriage ...(women share this with me all the time ) ...so then they try and volunteer or do whatever to have some freedom alone . Thus I’ll enjoy my vacationing now while I’m younger and able and free and will have fun w my company 

image.png

• Haha 3