Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

My Dad finally got back to me. Said he was near beach in Yarmouth. Everything was mostly limbs until last few minutes. He said trees and power lines are down everywhere. He had to pull over and take cover behind a condo complex. Is just now on the way back to the cottage in Dennisport.

Glad he is safe.  Wonder how much of the Cape will be without power.  I'm guessing much of the damage will be trees, wires etc.

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

My Dad finally got back to me. Said he was near beach in Yarmouth. Everything was mostly limbs until last few minutes. He said trees and power lines are down everywhere. He had to pull over and take cover behind a condo complex. Is just now on the way back to the cottage in Dennisport.

Good to hear he is safe. I hope James is safe too...looked to go real close to him. 

meanwhile... NW of the Canal is getting a veritable nor'easter - 

man, 63 with vacillating tree limbs and the under sides of leafs ...  under gray linear ceiling streets racing toward the SW.   

I almost wonder if that activity down there is enhancing this...or this enhanced that.  The NAM's wind in the FRH grid wasn't 20Kt sustained this far inland.  It really is nor'eastering during the morning over eastern Mass. 

HI of 110, and two days later ...wind chill of 55 in the last 10 days of July.   Just that variance alone is pretty remarkable really ... but July's climate doesn't really include greater swings like it's spring. 

• Like 1

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BOSTON/NORTON MA
1211 PM EDT TUE JUL 23 2019

..TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON...
..DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
            ..REMARKS..

1159 AM     TSTM WND GST     KALMUS                  41.63N  70.28W
07/23/2019  M90 MPH          BARNSTABLE         MA   MESONET

&&

EVENT NUMBER BOX1902671

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Here's your video of rotation and waterspout 

https://twitter.com/TimNBCBoston/status/1153705897438396416?s=20

Hum,  definitely rotation but it doesn't really stay intact.  I've seen these brief spouts on Newfound Lake.  I would rather see something tighter and video of something extending further vertical in a video.

37 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I am happy he is ok.