Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

32 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Not burnt at home.  Perfectly timed rain and cutting high and extended periods make for a green lawn.  Going on 3 weeks now since I mowed.

We’ve been drier out west. I have a slope in the front that receives max sun exposure and my acidic soil hardens quickly, the cracks have been abundant. Aeration and lime in the fall, 5 year improvement plan...this is only year 1. 

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I would've absolutely lost my mind today if this were a winter storm.

We had periods of light rain in town but I went hiking on Mansfield and barely had more than a few sprinkles from time to time. 

You can see on the radar how that gradient goes right through extreme southern Lamoille County.... that would've been a brutal cut-off in winter, ha.  Probably would've had some northerly flow with snow drifting downwind despite these radar echoes ha.

Dx8BTC4.gif

Yeah, pretty sharp cutoff – it’s just one of those days that you pop down to Bolton for turns instead of Mansfield.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’ve been drier out west. I have a slope in the front that receives max sun exposure and my acidic soil hardens quickly, the cracks have been abundant. Aeration and lime in the fall, 5 year improvement plan...this is only year 1. 

I spent way too much money on trying to get a nice lawn from 01 to 08. Gave up, clay, hillside, runoff. After an extreme flood event in 10 my lawn was literally covered in clay. So it is what it is now, some nice spots, some crabgrass mix. Over an acre of lawn. Dogs of course but they have their paths around the pool and all tend to do their duty in the way back by the woods and fire pit. I am jealous sometimes but I have accepted not having a manicured lawn. I do keep it mowed, trimmed and clean but thats all I can do. Having lots of gardens is what I am trying to concentrate on.  Veggie herb Garden is going crazy now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sbos_wx said:

The gf asks if I have CTE three times a day :lol:

Ya know dude I have thought about that. I  probably have had a minimum of 8 concussions maybe more. Football, skateboarding,  surfing,  basketball,  baseball , motocross. Its not funny at all, never really thought about it but my wife tells me all the time she told me stuff but I don't remember the convo. Of course could be selective hearing

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Ya know dude I have thought about that. I  probably have had a minimum of 8 concussions maybe more. Football, skateboarding,  surfing,  basketball,  baseball , motocross. Its not funny at all, never really thought about it but my wife tells me all the time she told me stuff but I don't remember the convo. Of course could be selective hearing

Same type of thing here really. I can't remember anyone's name ever. Takes like three times meeting them

10 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Severe jumps right over CT. Looks spot on to me.

Typical lol.

I sort of posted that to rub it into Kevin for rubbing on me about not being enthused for CT in terms of severe. 

Not sure why so many were impressed about CT...I was shocked the SPC even put a slight risk as far north as they did. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Typical lol.

I sort of posted that to rub it into Kevin for rubbing on me about not being enthused for CT in terms of severe. 

Not sure why so many were impressed about CT...I was shocked the SPC even put a slight risk as far north as they did. 

Great job Wizzy

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

59.5F -RA

We may have had our high for the day a little after midnight...63.0F

This'll be a big hit to a possible record warm July.

My record low max for the day is 66°.  Peak climo too.  I mentioned yesterday that the weekends heat bumped my monthly average temp up high enough to make the top 10, this week will probably average it out again.  We'll just have to see how the month winds up with 8 days left.

Sunday PM models had 1"+ for my area.  Yesterday's PM forecast reduced that to 1/4-1/2".  7 AM cocorahs report: 0.03" but we survived the flooding.  That's after getting a whopping 0.01" from Sunday's cf while N/E Maine got clobbered.  Seeing 2"+ in S. Maine overnight adds more salt to the wound.  Might've gotten a tenth post-7 AM, but watched echoes die as they approached my area so maybe not.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Sunday PM models had 1"+ for my area.  Yesterday's PM forecast reduced that to 1/4-1/2".  7 AM cocorahs report: 0.03" but we survived the flooding.  That's after getting a whopping 0.01" from Sunday's cf while N/E Maine got clobbered.  Seeing 2"+ in S. Maine overnight adds more salt to the wound.  Might've gotten a tenth post-7 AM, but watched echoes die as they approached my area so maybe not.

I know Dryslot doesn't want the rn, but our soil is dry, so was rooting for at least 0.5"