Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

May be tough after this week. 78.6F at BDL thru yest. I think the record is 77.9F in July 2013. 16 of the first 19 days that month had a low of 70+.

BOS through yesterday is +6.3 for July with a mean of 79.6.  We’ll knock that back some after today’s cheap midnight high but then ramp it back up weekend on through the end of the month.  What’s the record for July?

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s easy for those who live in apartments owning nothing but clothes, a clock radio, and some Hustler magazines from the 90’s.... to get all excited for severe. 

You and I have lived it, paid the expense, worked hard to clean up the mess. Sure its weather excitement until it hits home then not so much. Easy when someone else is responsible 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, weathafella said:

BOS through yesterday is +6.3 for July with a mean of 79.6.  We’ll knock that back some after today’s cheap midnight high but then ramp it back up weekend on through the end of the month.  What’s the record for July?

78.0 in 1983 I think?

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Extremes are.  But heat and humidity harkens back to my childhood so it triggers pleasant thoughts.   

Nice, I thoroughly enjoyed the heat wave, having all the kids and grandkids (great too) splashing around, spraying hoses, throwing water ballons getting the dogs soaked was a ball. No one complained about the heat as it was water works here all weekend.  Best part of the day is seeing all the kids crashed out from exhaustion with smiles on their faces. They too will have fond memories of heat.

• Like 1

I have my doubts this week is 'coc' in nature for that long... In fact, when the sun returns post this agonizingly slow transition over the next 36 or so hours... It won't really meet the definition of 74/52 ..or whatever is the environmental controls standard. 

(From what I'm observing in the charts + climate + experience )/ 3 = a pop back to low 80s with DPs in the upper 50s as your nadir... Quasi coc at best.  And we go up from there.  Just the way I see it.  Calling that 'coc' is bit of an over-sell.  

But I get it ... I'm being perhaps too literal/rigid with that.  Y'all just mean 'better than this weekend' - to that...of course!  It's not gonna be 96/75 for the foreseeable future... And in fairness to the softer use of the chamber stuff ... I even felt at 93/69 last night a vastly improved comfort driving down 495 and 75 mph with the windows down.  It was already comparative... And that's the key.. Balancing acclimation.  After this weekend, 84/60 may seem cocky but that's technically the threshold of warm and humid.   

I still kind of see Thur + as summer dog day characterized ... More like stagnantly hold up in the mid 80s/creeping DPs starting at 58 and going to the mid 60s over the weekend.   Yup...that may seem like coc compared to Saturday at 3:47 pm 

Flash flooding is certainly going to be a concern later on given PWATS. Outside of a few localized svr reports I think it's going to be tough to do severe today. Poor mid-level lapse rates and meh instability...weak cap yielding a ton of stuff forming. We'll see a blossoming rain shield with heavy rain/flash flooding with best svr with initial cells which develop or cells on the leading edge. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Parts of CT with 15 days in July of 90+ so far. Add on another possible stretch late this week. Warmest July on record in the making at select sites?

FYP

July so far is barely making my top 10 since 1985.  Might even drop out after averaging in this week...who knows till it's done.