Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The Hartford threaded data has a record min of 80F on 7/31/1917. ORH has an 80F min on 7/4/1911. Of course those sites were in different locations from where the BDL and ORH ASOSs sit now.

And they both pre-date the records I've been able to dig up from UCC and/or Climod.  I'll still take the under.

Might have found Dendrite’s trigger lol. 

I think the Farmington observer is well into his 80s and will probably need to pass the torch fairly soon.  If there's no one there to pass it to, that might be a trigger here.  (More likely just deep sadness - the longer the solid data set, the sorrier it is to see it die.)

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I still have it for when NCDC wants it....err, I mean NCEI. They seem to prefer zeros though, so I'd expect they'll be happy with CON's July 2019 data.

Lots of backfilling for Legro incoming using the local HADS site for temps and the COOP for precip. We broke a record the last time this happened too. I wanna say it was a record low min or low max.

40 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

How awesome would this be...90 still at 2 AM haha

image.png.35aa207da8cabf457ebfa143e19b8e77.png

I’m pretty sure I’ve told this story before.  Leaving LA for good took me through Needles.  I had to make it to the south rim of the Grand Canyon that day and I was getting tired.  It was about 3PM and about 117F.  I passed a Macdonalds and ordered a hot coffee....and stood outside in the sun drinking it to see what it was like.  Verdict:  awesome!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve told this story before.  Leaving LA for good took me through Needles.  I had to make it to the south rim of the Grand Canyon that day and I was getting tired.  It was about 3PM and about 117F.  I passed a Macdonalds and ordered a hot coffee....and stood outside in the sun drinking it to see what it was like.  Verdict:  awesome!  

I don't get it. 

30 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Flags around Boston growing limpish and it’s getting warmer.  Tomorrow should over perform.

it's not so silly tho ... 

I figured this out long ago, with stunning success in every scenario where a wedge job is terminating and you're negotiating with a warm boundary - in fact...it's never failed really 

... If you dawn in the calm, by evening you will balm.   

That's the motto.  If there is even so much as a wobbling flag or leaf from the NE ?  The models WILL be too fast.  ...simply a matter of how much..  

However, if it's calm early in the discussion ... the warm front has a fighting chance.  

Right now there is a strong warm front on the analysis extending roughly from Erie PA to PHL and it's parked close by this little bubble break in the heat.  It just "looks" like that high is being ganged up on ... heh.  The warm front poised in wait just watching the clock -

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

If by "Saturday night" you mean through 11:59 PM, there's a good chance.  If that means Sunday's minima, I'll take the under for BDL/ORH, especially if it includes a Sunday evening minimum.  Warmest minima I see in my records is 78 at BDL and 77 at ORH.  Boston's low on Hot Saturday was 83 and they've had 4 minima each at 81 and 80, so a much better chance there.

That ISU site has some really nice plotting options. Record high temps for each hour. I guess this shows about the maximum potential for highest mins...just gotta avoid the cheap late 5z min the next evening that ruins an epic torch night. We can toss that bad 102F ob for ORH and a couple of those for CON too. But man, 7/5/1990 was apparently a night for the ages.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

As far as getting relief, H Indexs at Misquamicut are going to be near 88 Sat Sun, but unless you get there before 9 am good luck getting in. Go to the fishermans lot in Weekapaug around 8 am walk up to the beach for free, take a hard right walk past the Seaside beach club and plop her down.