Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Daily record high PWATS possible tomorrow? 

Yeah...those 80 dews are NOT happening Saturday...not a chance in hell. 

There will probably be a weenie hour or two where a weenie agricultural ASOS tickles 78-80 in the morning or evening at some point from Fri to Sun. 

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Dubai ?  ...interesting... why were you there?  

You're lucky... I wanna see so much  - but feel just like all the other flies in the economic amber of the proletariat life.   

My Dad worked there for about 7-8 years....so we visited him. The worst part about that summer climate is that the high dewpoints don't usually produce rain or clouds. It's all low level moisture from the gulf trapped below a hellacious cap so you get blazing sunshine with 84F dewpoints but not a drop of rain.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Daily record high PWATS possible tomorrow? 

Yeah...those 80 dews are NOT happening Saturday...not a chance in hell. 

Just like no heat was coming this month. 

Last year no one believed the modeled 80 degree dews and they happened even on the tarmac. I would be completely shocked if we don’t see 79-82 degree dews Saturday and Sunday morning and evenings. Your’re bringing a TS thru the region and air that is coming from the super soaked Mid Mississippi Valley. Source region is like Africa 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just like no heat was coming this month. 

Last year no one believed the modeled 80 degree dews and they happened even on the tarmac. I would be completely shocked if we don’t see 79-82 degree dews Saturday and Sunday morning and evenings. Your’re bringing a TS thru the region and air that is coming from the super soaked Mid Mississippi Valley. Source region is like Africa 

It would be more impressive if they held during the daytime. Dewpoints are typically highest around daybreak and then during the evening so if that were to occur I don't find that overly impressive...I guess getting a dew of 80 here is, but if the dew is still 78-80 at 1:00 PM...that's notable.  

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

My Dad worked there for about 7-8 years....so we visited him. The worst part about that summer climate is that the high dewpoints don't usually produce rain or clouds. It's all low level moisture from the gulf trapped below a hellacious cap so you get blazing sunshine with 84F dewpoints but not a drop of rain.

Yeah ... you nailed it. That's precisely it...   I have a met text/fact -based book among my dusty collection at home. Among other facets of our beloved field...  it describes that setting and why - 

Not sure how civility could even have come to adapt.  But.. it is tolerated and they do.  I mean...thinking about it... there was no "A.C.'ed" brick and mortar and steel and glass structures there ... before what, 70 ... 90 years ago.  What did the Bedouin cultures of pre-industrial dawning Middle East, like ... do?   

Modern times did see the advent of those environmental technologies in close enough concert with urban arrivals.  Probably, ...they cannot be separated as phenomenon... Like, I can't imagine a modern building in Dubai without environmental controls, so I'm even willing to suspect that A.C. macro-tech evolved necessarily first... then the sky-lines erected around that region of the world. 

But Jesus dude...  I'm amazed by heat...  Not so much heat that's "expected" - like... I'm not impressed by 40" of snow in one dose on mount Shasta ... But, people pound away at their keyboards, posts of awe and joy - meh.   Likewise... I'm not runnin' out to a salt flat 10 miles outside of Furnace Creek Cali under a +3 SD ridge, and acting like it's incredible.   Still, having "successfully" engendered a civility that is obviously, vastly more complex than Bedouin nomadic and tribal, in that setting, is an entirely fascinating achievement.  

Ha... you know ..I chuckle imagining counting to three ...then bolting to run from car across parking lot to grocery store or else you DIE.  Like ...running on hot coals challenge...  

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not a good weekend to be in Loudon watching cars going around in a circle. 

On a normal summer day it is brutally hot watching a race there. No thanks on  days like this upcoming weekend. It's impossible to enjoy the race all that much when it is that hot.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

I remember cracking 80F dews a number of times living on CC. We all want 80+, but high 70's will probably be the upper limits for most, as usual.

No "We" all don't, But definitely "We" (as in two of you do), You and your brother in CT.

• Confused 2

That's probably a 'double boundary' on the NAM actually ... 

We get a limped switch to NW flow around 20 Z tomorrow ... with convection rippin in the area by the way.  That front A.  B comes along after the wind tries veer more NE over 6 hours... but somewhere around 00z, we get this sudden strong pulse of 25 kt sustained wind striking the coast ... temps plummet to 16C too...

So, it's going to be a whole 'nother world by 10pm.   I bet one could smell the ocean quite far inland when that pulse arrives.  This secondary acceleration won't really even be analyzed by WPC but it's real..  It may even show up on hi res base reflectivity as a ribbon moving SW through the area.  

It's intents too.. That's a llv cold wedge there on this 12z NAM run...If that happens...it may actually take a bit more of Friday to get this back out of here... Remember, once we slab Atlantic murk underneath rising heights ... it has a way of cheating and stealing time away from hot return attempts. 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We get a limped switch to NW flow around 20 Z tomorrow ... with convection rippin in the area by the way.  That front A.  B comes along after the wind tries veer more NE over 6 hours... but somewhere around 00z, we get this sudden strong pulse of 25 kt sustained wind striking the coast ... temps plummet to 16C too...

So, it's going to be a whole 'nother world by 10pm.   I bet one could smell the ocean quite far inland when that pulse arrives.  This secondary acceleration won't really even be analyzed by WPC but it's real..  It may even show up on hi res base reflectivity as a ribbon moving SW through the area.  

It's intents too.. That's a llv cold wedge there on this 12z NAM run...If that happens...it may actually take a bit more of Friday to get this back out of here... Remember, once we slab Atlantic murk underneath rising heights ... it has a way of cheating and stealing time away from hot return attempts. 

Friday’s temps have been alternating back and forth on nam . Upper 80’s today on nam for Friday 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I remember a brutal BDF, I think in late June 1994 it was....went to like 63F type stuff and you could smell the stink of seaweed all the way back to where I was in ORH. Pretty cool though to smell it so easily that far inland.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember regularly experiencing 100/84 in Dubai along the Persian Gulf. When the dew would drop to like 77F, you'd get 106F.

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

This reminds me of April when I was the NE part of Thailand.  107/78 in the middle of the afternoon.  Hottest weather I've ever been in personally so I had to take a screenshot.  (And April is considered dry season for Thailand.)

IMG_1653.PNG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m so excited for the upcoming heat!  I plan a mid day hike Saturday to show the world that the elderly can handle this!

That’s awesome . It’s honestly something to look forward to. I’ve got a buddy coming over to take down a dead Oak and then we’re heading up to Treehouse. Gotta enjoy summer in summer 

• Like 1