Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Nice cool down on the euro after Saturday. 

Haven't looked at models (at least up this way since Friday)...do they still show a major cool down after next week? I know the GFS was advertising what I would have to think would be record low temperature potential across some areas. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy gradient from you to here...

PWS up this way down into the low-70s now...while it’s 85-90F at a lot of SNE sites.

Even some mid/upper 60s showing up in NEK of VT and N.NH now for the afternoon.

068F3172-16DA-4247-9E52-0D9F089A0A5A.thumb.jpeg.de7e2efb9114d7c6865b15e38627405e.jpeg

This map shows how all of New England is suffering from this brutal summer HHH, as far as the eye can see.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Haven't looked at models (at least up this way since Friday)...do they still show a major cool down after next week? I know the GFS was advertising what I would have to think would be record low temperature potential across some areas. 

What do you consider next week? This upcoming one or the following? 12z euro cools it down after this upcoming weekend. GFS is hot through about d10. The ridge retrogrades to out west allowing for a cold shot here by d8-10 on the eps too. 

• Haha 1

My guess is the models are over playing the "cold shot" .... and it's really more like returning to normal.

They've been trying to carve out February into eastern Canada since ...well, February, and won't stop in that range. 

They've been so-so correct - just having to back off a little in doing so.. 

47 minutes ago, dendrite said:

What do you consider next week? This upcoming one or the following? 12z euro cools it down after this upcoming weekend. GFS is hot through about d10. The ridge retrogrades to out west allowing for a cold shot here by d8-10 on the eps too. 

The d8-10 period.  That's a pretty impressive shot of cool air. Hopefully we can get some good t'storms ahead of the front

47 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Let's hoist the frost and freeze adv now and adjust as needed

18z says bite it!

It tries to "cool down" but really evolves the heat wave into a Bahama Blue pattern... Conveyor/ deep train coastal stride flow all the way up... 575 to 580 thickness.... probably replete with brilliant white narrow CBs oriented into training bands.

That sort of pattern isn't "hot" per se...but you can move without dripping.   So...sorta... it's just the type of look ( apparently ) everyone in this social media either dreads/fears or pretends to...

But.... being that it's in the deep range, doesn't inspire a lot of conidence -no

17 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup. A bunch in our pool the last few days.  Not just in my yard, we went to the next town over to get some ice cream and werr getting pelted by them.

Looks like either oriental beetles, or European chafer beetles.

Yup we get those nasty things... always on the screens  at night and in the pool filter... actually pretty nice outside now

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

18z says bite it!

It tries to "cool down" but really evolves the heat wave into a Bahama Blue pattern... Conveyor/ deep train coastal stride flow all the way up... 575 to 580 thickness.... probably replete with brilliant white narrow CBs oriented into training bands.

That sort of pattern isn't "hot" per se...but you can move without dripping.   So...sorta... it's just the type of look ( apparently ) everyone in this social media either dreads/fears or pretends to...

But.... being that it's in the deep range, doesn't inspire a lot of conidence -no

Just looked.. that run is very interesting.. starts to develop  a storm in the next day or two then blows it up in the gulf.. and brings it up to the west of here..  guessing that caused it to be different  from 12z