• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

Wow last night.  Lots of lightning and thunder for a few hours as I just missed by a few miles training thunderstorms.  Only 1.52" in Stratus but many more inches on the north side of Newfound Lake.  My neighbor Met Matt Noyes was up at his weekend place near me and texted me in the early afternoon his NBC model he uses.  Showed a 3" bullseye very close to where it happened.  I thought it was overdone but it was not.  Gardens very happy this morning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Slotty, why don’t you create a simple drain?

Its all clay, I'm below grade on all sides, I need to haul in some loam and build it up, Never had a problem like this and have been here 30 yrs, It won't happen again.

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Wow last night.  Lots of lightning and thunder for a few hours as I just missed by a few miles training thunderstorms.  Only 1.52" in Stratus but many more inches on the north side of Newfound Lake.  My neighbor Met Matt Noyes was up at his weekend place near me and texted me in the early afternoon his NBC model he uses.  Showed a 3" bullseye very close to where it happened.  I thought it was overdone but it was not.  Gardens very happy this morning

A lot of guidance had that 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its all clay, I'm below grade on all sides, I need to haul in some loam and build it up, Never had a problem like this and have been here 30 yrs, It won't happen again.

I am all clay too underneath, luckily I am on a hill. That sucks, hopefully you dry out. Been dry here until last night.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My wife's potted tomatoes plant leaves are turning yellow. Not sure if due to too much or too little watering. You should dry out some this weekend

Typically its to much water, But i have no problem on that end of things, Mine are self wicking so they take as much as they want.

Garden.jpg

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am all clay too underneath, luckily I am on a hill. That sucks, hopefully you dry out. Been dry here until last night.

That area is waterlogged, Earlier in the week it finally had dried out as its a slow seeping into the ground.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Gutter type system? Saw those on YT. Mine are struggling in those growbags.

No, Those containers are self wicking for the plants, They hold 5 gallons of water ea and i have them on irrigation timers, So the plant itself controls there uptake of water, I'm already picking heads of Broccoli...........

Broccoli.jpg

Just now, dryslot said:

No, Those containers are self wicking for the plants, They hold 5 gallons of water ea and i have them on irrigation timers, So the plant itself controls there uptake of water.

Same idea. Watering from the bottom up.

Just now, PineHillsWx said:

My station at my home in Plymouth measured 5.04 inches. Happy that it seems to be fairly accurate. Not happy that the only road into our neighborhood is decimated. Closed due to sink holes and other extensive damage. Trapped at home for now......

Post some pictures if you can.

4 minutes ago, PineHillsWx said:

My station at my home in Plymouth measured 5.04 inches. Happy that it seems to be fairly accurate. Not happy that the only road into our neighborhood is decimated. Closed due to sink holes and other extensive damage. Trapped at home for now......

Wow. That’s incredible.

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Same idea. Watering from the bottom up.

Yes, Then same idea, This is what the inside of the container looks like, The tray sits 6" above the bottom so that is all water below there, You pack those two pieces of drain pipe with soil in the container, That's the wicking part, I also have a drain hole on the outside of the containe at just under 6" so the water never gets above that level, This pic is about a week or so after planting.

Container1.JPG

Container.JPG

Garden1.jpg

• Like 2

It's one of those morning where there is definitive clearing on satellite right over you on sat/vis imagery but no evidence of any brightening anywhere stepping out of doors. 

I swear, the satellite is sending pictures from the future some times...   Heh.  

Well.. they finally did it.  The heat signal has been deconstructed by the models.  This recent modeling saga ( which challenges tedium to find a more nuanced awareness...) is the most elaborate variation yet of this weird repeating model trend:

Basically, the models lob a heat visions onto the D8-10 as a first guess ...then, spend the next four day's worth of cycles trying to prove to us why it won't happen ...

Yeah, why not just not have to begin with... okay -

But no, they set up heat waves, then make us watch them argue with themselves and one another, to disprove their own faux perception of the future with only slowly degrading suggestion - thus keeping it possible.  Finally, as your D5 and 6's arrive, we find ourselves right back here again, 100% of the time... since late March.  Stuck inside this unrelenting NW flow prison sentence with endless parole denials. Watching summer heat from afar. 

I really do not believe any model run beyond about day four has had any practical usefulness in any deterministic weather efforts since late March.  100% of the time, we've eroded and or defaulted entirely, right back to this 'keep new england cooler relative to the everywhere else at least excuse imaginable'  ... 

Normally ... "patterns" have a residence of about 90 days tops...  Most are around 45 days, before some sort of reshuffle occurs and sends the general circulation through some other paradigm. It may even return to the former dynamic, but the system resets.  This is pushing it -

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's one of those morning where there is definitive clearing on satellite right over you on sat/vis imagery but no evidence of any brightening anywhere stepping out of doors. 

I swear, the satellite is sending pictures from the future some times...   Heh.  

I’ve seen a few small patches of blue this morning.  But pretty much socked in

13 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I’ve seen a few small patches of blue this morning.  But pretty much socked in

Oh ... yeah it is now.  I'm splashin' 

But still, the former phenomenon is palpable.  There does seem to be an existential delay relative to the satellite presentation/interpretation ... particularly noticeable when approaching amorphous edge work in the skies. 

I don't know how much of that is pure psychology ...probably all of it.  In this case, mornings of murk ... suck.  So, not wanting them, perhaps the phenomenon is like similar to a 10 year old in the back seat asking dad, 'are we there yet; are we there yet.'   But that word used there, "relative" got me thinking...  

We all know ... err, "should know," that objects in orbit above those objects suspending deeply in a gravity well experience the passage of time at a slower rate ... Maybe the satellite picture is being snapped off in one frame of reference, and then by the time it is sent through General Relativity's cosmic scaled processor, we are in fact seeing it from the future(past)...depending.  Fun sci fi but no...  The actual time dilation is negligible compared to other delays... processing time in general.  If anything, the delay between the picture being taken, and us seeing it, goes the other way.