Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Hoping for at least 1/2" and a full inch would be better.  Water table is fine thanks to 3.6" RA June20-30, but July stands at 0.05" and the upper layers, where much of my small-seeded veggies still live, are getting dry.

Awakened @ 4:30 AM for the 2nd straight morning by the coyote family, maybe 100 yards from my open windows.

30 aught 

Clear warm boundary was cutting NW to SE through NE Mass... Anywhere N of that axis was probably a piece of shit day..

I left work at Shrewsbury Mass, ...which is about 5 clicks E of Worcester, on Rt 2 and it was 85 and partly sunny, with actively swaying tree limbs ...leaves pointed NE like stress flags... By the time I got to the interchange of I-191/Rt 2 ...there was no wind, the temp was 72 and the streets were running water as the rain had just ended... Pretty significant difference across the boundary.  

Since then the temps down along the Pike have settled back to 75-ish but y'all still struggle to get rid of last winter yet still up N...  heh.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Irrelevant. 

Definitely dried out here, had to add a little water to the pool and its not leaking ET city. Garden soil quickly dried, watering at night before sundown a must.

Yep, almost every day.  Was hoping for some decent rain this evening but so far SE CT isn't getting much at all.

Some real good lightning strikes in this guy.  Tropical rains, easy to see how some of you saw torrential short-duration high rain rates.

Popped up out of nowhere over the Spine of the Mtns... the benefits of living just east of the higher peaks in the summer is plenty of rain for the gardens. 

Updrafts start as air backs up on the western slopes and then it rains it out on the Spine and eastern slopes.

YERn6B6.gif

• Like 2