Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Room temperature is debatable, It depends on the weather outside, If you want to keep it at 70°F when its 90°F out, Of course its going to feel cold, And its vice versa in the winter, Good luck trying to reach a temp of 60°F with window units in the summer with the air temp near 90, You will ice up big time, You probably have your apt temp set at what the hospitals keep theirs at in the winter....................:lol:

IDK...I think around 70-75 winter and summer is perfect for indoor temperature. Maybe 79 in winter

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

that sounds perfect

I ran a 360K sq ft facility for 25 years, the constant battle between occupants about temp was tiresome. Cubicle mates both complaining one cold one hot. Everyone has a different perfect temp while working.  I tried my best within Museum standards of 68/72 over 50 to please everyone but you can't.  Often the coldest ones sat near a discharge vent discharging 55 degree air that was trying to satisfy a thermostat that read say 74 degrees.  We actually moved one person who despite being in the same room never complained again. I  often answered calls and emails by saying I will take care of it. After an hour I asked if it was better. 99% of the time the response was yes. I didnt do anything,  just the air handler slowing down the flow of air. Of course you need variable air flow for that. Constant volume units blowing cold air to satisfy a thermostat are an issue everywhere. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I ran a 360K sq ft facility for 25 years, the constant battle between occupants about temp was tiresome. Cubicle mates both complaining one cold one hot. Everyone has a different perfect temp while working.  I tried my best within Museum standards of 68/72 over 50 to please everyone but you can't.  Often the coldest ones sat near a discharge vent discharging 55 degree air that was trying to satisfy a thermostat that read say 74 degrees.  We actually moved one person who despite being in the same room never complained again. I  often answered calls and emails by saying I will take care of it. After an hour I asked if it was better. 99% of the time the response was yes. I didnt do anything,  just the air handler slowing down the flow of air. Of course you need variable air flow for that. Constant volume units blowing cold air to satisfy a thermostat are an issue everywhere. 

I can certainly see how this is problematic in the work place. But 68-72 is a perfectly reasonable range. Some people get hot easily and others cold. I know I'm one who is cold easily so I just carry around a sweatshirt or light jacket...no biggie. But if people are complaining and the temp is in that range...they just have to adjust. Like if you're cold wear something extra. If you're too hot...well I know you can't take anything off but if that temp range is seriously too much for you to handle I'd go to a doctor lol 

42 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

that sounds perfect

I leave the thermostat at 70 in the winter, Use to turn it down at night then back up during the day but you use more energy heating back up the inside of the house, You use less energy maintaining the same temp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I have the AC debate/problem at the office.. 

Man, embarrassing ...but my hands get cold.   Literally ...sitting there at the computer scanning software and it's distracting.  Sometimes you get those gooseys along your ribs.  I feel like I don't need the AC that chilly but no one else seems to be complainin'.   Although, both Carolyn and Ashley have a space heater under their desks and once in a while I have to go in their office and I can hear the white noise of them runnin.   I'm like... warm air and white noise - how is that helping get work done.  Heh. 

I refuse to admit to a space heater as a middle aged male holding out hope - 

But I know what you mean. 

You should ask Mike about his shawl guy. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can certainly see how this is problematic in the work place. But 68-72 is a perfectly reasonable range. Some people get hot easily and others cold. I know I'm one who is cold easily so I just carry around a sweatshirt or light jacket...no biggie. But if people are complaining and the temp is in that range...they just have to adjust. Like if you're cold wear something extra. If you're too hot...well I know you can't take anything off but if that temp range is seriously too much for you to handle I'd go to a doctor lol 

Do you tie your sweatshirt around your waste at all times?

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’ve got issues. Nobody in their right mind except for cranky old women want it that hot indoors during winter. I keep mine 68 all year ‘round.

at school when my roommate wasn't there I would crank the thermostat to 75 sometimes...I think I did higher a few times and I accidentally passed out and woke up in the middle of the night like a dry sponge