Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

The daylight loss isn't that noticeable yet. That's like Tippy saying he can feel the stronger sun on Jan 10. 

I can't...   But, the interior of cars parked on empty lots start heating more effectively around Feb 10 ... also, stop doing so opposite Novie 10's ... 

I know you know this... but for the general reader - between November 10 and February 10 is our perennial solar nadir times of the years per our approx latitude.  

But yeah, Jan 10 is too early.   And I agree... I was just noticing last night some entrails of day-light at 9: pm and thinking it's nice that the days are long. If anyone is saying otherwise, they are wishing the summer time away to get to their preferred time of year and are not being realistic..  

'Course, I don't pine for winter's darkness and gelid air at all times of the year.   Embarrassingly ... ( :( :unsure: ) it's something that I do share in common with Kevina ...and that's that when it is summer, I don't wanna think about winter... and when it is winter... I don't care to prospect summer.  Folks on here go off on these marshmello roof-topped snow glumped sojours in July way too often to be comfortable - hahaha

Jesus H Critters ... that GGEM run is an absolute inferno from D6.5 right out to the end of that operational run.  Probably historic proportions ... 

I'll happen by the GEPS mean and it'll be tamer ... one would hope...  But, as far as the op, that's an absolute text book on how to get big heat into the NE... The pattern caps/traps plateau heat out west that's diurnally charging ...Then, said pattern disrupts and displaces the air mass out across the Plains... at which time... a WAR like ridge structure emergence S of a polarward retreating jet.  Such that southwest heat plume(s) released get pulled in/under those very tall heights where the thickness can expand and be unimpeded by ... 

well, anyway, that's ( believe it or not ) more impressive than the week leading the early July heat last year, because last year I recall specifically noting that there wasn't any southwest heat expulsion prior to that ridge genesis over eastern mid latitudes... This model run?  Does - 

But you know... ( I just saw the Euro and it's got something similar though not as, and also is spurious ... ) I question how hot it can actually get with the sun at our latitude trying to heat soup.  Dense ozone and high vapor content may mitigate the number of digits on the top...   Not that it matters if it's 96/78... Anyway, I don't think it can actually be 105/75 here, do to the fact that by the time the atmosphere is arriving this far E it's heavily burdened with polyaromatic aerosols from continental exhausting  ... Plus, being closer to sea-level, we have to heat the total column of the atmosphere...these factors mean that it takes more solar energy to get a parcel to that state than it does out near Chicago... even less so in western Kansas... In simple terms... there's an intuitive limit to the 'highest' ( I think ) . 

Speculation ... But these runs are obviously for D6+ so.... meh. I'm not buying it until we get one of those looks to survive more than a single model cycle.  It's been a game of dump heat onto D10's ...then, watch the models consume it.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Anyone that is up early has clearly noticed the loss of daylight. We’ve lost a fair amount of morning daylight. It’s iron clad . It’s about 10-11 minutes of lost light since longest day . 

"Anyone" is a short list of souls... in that context.

I leave for work every day between 6:35 and 6:50 am and the sun is completely up and shining as of this morning, still in that time frame.   

To each his/her own... but, I don't typically notice the change until I leave and the sun is no longer shining on the sides of houses and trees at that hour. 

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The camp I tutor at gets a lot of names visiting each summer.  Yesterday, it was Kraft and Gov Baker.  They couldn’t change our schedules so they cancelled.  Today and tomorrow some more VIPs (not sure who, but sponsors...usually big companies...Bose, Cumberland Farms, etc. or sports teams or figures) are in and they can’t get our tutoring in, but we are still getting paid.

pool time on the clock!

So cool, life is good

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Anyone that is up early has clearly noticed the loss of daylight. We’ve lost a fair amount of morning daylight. It’s iron clad . It’s about 10-11 minutes of lost light since longest day . 

Yes, I get up to photograph before sunrise and to me it is def noticeable.  Folks who arise later prob don't notice anything

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I can't...   But, the interior of cars parked on empty lots start heating more effectively around Feb 10 ... also, stop doing so opposite Novie 10's ... 

I know you know this... but for the general reader - between November 10 and February 10 is our perennial solar nadir times of the years per our approx latitude.  

But yeah, Jan 10 is too early.   And I agree... I was just noticing last night some entrails of day-light at 9: pm and thinking it's nice that the days are long. If anyone is saying otherwise, they are wishing the summer time away to get to their preferred time of year and are not being realistic..  

'Course, I don't pine for winter's darkness and gelid air at all times of the year.   Embarrassingly ... ( :( :unsure: ) it's something that I do share in common with Kevina ...and that's that when it is summer, I don't wanna think about winter... and when it is winter... I don't care to prospect summer.  Folks on here go off on these marshmello roof-topped snow glumped sojours in July way to often to be comfortable - hahaha

Mornin, thinking of the pool and thinking about snow, its possible and mentally ok to love and think about both at all times

20190709_130629.jpg

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Deerfly apocolypse while walking the dog this morning.  Must have zapped 10 or more with the fly swatter in 2.5 miles.  Lots of mosquitoes this morning too.

That sucks, had a couple last week but none since. Walk in the sun, they love shade

12 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Yes, I get up to photograph before sunrise and to me it is def noticeable.  Folks who arise later prob don't notice anything

Yep. Most of the minutes lost have come as a result of sunrise being almost ten minutes later already, while the sun only sets a few minutes earlier today than it did at the solstice three weeks ago. The opposite happens in the fall when our earliest sunset is in early December, and by New Years you can already see the difference in the evening as you'll have tacked on ten minutes to the sunset even as sunrises are still bottoming out.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That sucks, had a couple last week but none since. Walk in the sun, they love shade

Really? Ours used to wait for you in the open sun by the pool. You could hold your breath and dunk yourself under for 20 or more seconds and they'd be waiting for you as soon as you resurfaced. Nasty bastards.

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup...it sucks. 

The worst part about having transitioned to waking up at 4:15 AM is the darkness...started this back in early January and from what I gathered there's about 3 weeks where it's actually light out when leaving at 5 lol

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I did not have the latest ORH data, as it hadn’t included yesterday yet.  +4.1F.  Still warm, but biggest departure is a +9 with no 90 degree temp yet.

Great day for the pool, lawn done yesterday morning ( takes me twice if not 3 times as long with my back, having to stop and sit every 15 minutes) pool is 84, night swimming is on.

Just now, dendrite said:

Really? Ours used to wait for you in the open sun by the pool. You could hold your breath and dunk yourself under for 20 or more seconds and they'd be waiting for you as soon as you resurfaced. Nasty bastards.

Yea that happens too, but generally if you hit a horde walking if you get in the sun they disperse. We had a tremendous problem in our outside exhibits last year, brutal and no way to diminish them. Our pest control guy gave up lol

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yup...it sucks. 

The worst part about having transitioned to waking up at 4:15 AM is the darkness...started this back in early January and from what I gathered there's about 3 weeks where it's actually light out when leaving at 5 lol

I like the later first light fishing though, but generally most dont notice like we do. Most of my dogs are first light wakers so the 500 am wake up barks are a little later unless its raining then they will sleep all day. We are up at 530 anyways year round 

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I like the later first light fishing though, but generally most dont notice like we do. Most of my dogs are first light wakers so the 500 am wake up barks are a little later unless its raining then they will sleep all day. We are up at 530 anyways year round 

I really like it. It's awesome driving into work and watching the sun rise. This really brings me back to childhood and over summer vacation waking up around 6:00 AM and going outside...peaceful and relaxing.