Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most people like it. The only ones that don’t are the heavier soda drinkers and the like . They just struggle to live normal lives when there’s moisture in the air. Folks in shape enjoy and get out after it

Why haven’t you run at 2pm in mid summer, ever, and ‘gone after it’? 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Instead of AC, Move to DC, Must be why you always bring up the plains weather and the southern states if you like it hot..................:lol:

:lmao: 

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

he must be young. I used to be more accepting of the HHH and not use the car A/C, and just roll the windows down cruising down the road. Like I was saving a bunch of fuel not using it. When you get older, it's more comfortable to just cool off whether driving or otherwise. The reverse isn't true, as I enjoy the cold, dry days of winter as most of us do here. 

Actually I will say...now that I've become much more inactive the HHH does ware me down much more quickly. When I was more active (my previous job involved doing alot outside) I had a much more tolerance for HHH. 

As I get older the cold just bothers me so much more though...I cramp up so easily. If i like keep my arm in a bent position and then straighten it out too quick when I'm cold I'll get a major cramp down my arm

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most people like it. The only ones that don’t are the heavier soda drinkers and the like . They just struggle to live normal lives when there’s moisture in the air. Folks in shape enjoy and get out after it

That's an insult to most people who don't like high humidity.  You need a larger circle of friends and fewer beers.  People like heat, not humidity.  We've been over this and over this and even shared polls of people outside of the weather community and you still don't get it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

That's an insult to most people who don't like high humidity.  You need a larger circle of friends and fewer beers.  People like heat, not humidity.  We've been over this and over this and even shared polls of people outside of the weather community and you still don't get it.

Couldn’t disagree more. There’s been no polls shared with other summer lovers outside of this forum. It’s all good. Its a cold  and snow forum. We understand who the audience is. It is what it is 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Couldn’t disagree more. There’s been no polls shared with other summer lovers outside of this forum. It’s all good. Its a cold  and snow forum. We understand who the audience is. It is what it is 

I think someone posted a city data forum poll about it years ago and it showed about 70% prefer dry heat over humid heat. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think someone posted a city data forum poll about it years back and it showed about 70% prefer dry heat over humid heat. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yes, thank you.

It's one of those :deadhorse: subjects that gets brought up every year and "we" has to discuss it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think someone posted a city data forum poll about it years ago and it showed about 70% prefer dry heat over humid heat. 

I don’t think that’s too far from the truth in all seriousness. Though I’d wager it’s closer to 50/50, especially if people south of the Mason Dixon line were included . I guess the main point is though , on this forum , there’s going to be very few that like it . And there are plenty out there outside of our community that do like it. Interesting things to discuss during the summer . Nice to have you back 

7 hours ago, MetHerb said:

Last summer is not walking through the door.  Last summer left the building.  Sure it's an AN stretch at peak climo but it doesn't look anything like last summer.  Obviously we both won't know until all is said and done but there will be breaks IMHO.

I look at it slightly differently. I love HHH and I’m not in great shape. The reason I do is 1) usually a chance of storms and 2) the feeling of relief when I come home from being outside in oppressive conditions to the AC is an incredible and exhilarating  feeling. Just my opinion and two cents 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Humans like comfort.  The majority of people don’t like high heat and humidity, and they don’t like deep cold and ice.  

Theres a reason why California 78F year round and sun appeals to so many people.

This isn’t that hard to grasp.  People like to be comfortable.  It’s why you put you AC in for summer and use heat in the winter.  

Poll your family... see who would rather live in 90F and humid vs 74F and comfortable.  I bet you lose to the wife and kids.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I guess the main point is though , on this forum , there’s going to be very few that like it . And there are plenty out there outside of our community that do like it.

It is easy to see who works outside or spends the most amount of time outside.  

I’d bet I spend more time outside than most  folks on this forum, if not spending the most time outside.  I find myself just wanting comfortable weather because of that.  

Whether it’s ski season or summer, my preferences tend to fall into the 20F to 75F range.  In winter I just need it cold enough to snow, and if it could be 28F for 4 months straight that would be perfect.  The desire to work and ski in sub-zero cold has been long gone.  I have no desire for arctic outbreaks for a month or two.  Just like doing summer operations at a humid 90F isn’t that fun and I have no desire for that for two months straight.  

Now, I get you folks that work inside at a stable, comfortable temperature all the time...I bet getting out of work and having that high variation (whether it’s 93F in July or -10F in January) makes things more interesting.  But spend most days out-of-doors over a decade and I bet the preferences start to migrate towards the more comfortable range and less on the extremes.

Anyway, 80/50...sunny... Top 10’er and time to get done, grab the dog and go for a hike to 3-4kft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It is easy to see who works outside or spends the most amount of time outside.  

I’d bet I spend more time outside than most  folks on this forum, if not spending the most time outside.  I find myself just wanting comfortable weather because of that.  

Whether it’s ski season or summer, my preferences tend to fall into the 20F to 75F range.  In winter I just need it cold enough to snow, and if it could be 28F for 4 months straight that would be perfect.  The desire to work and ski in sub-zero cold has been long gone.  I have no desire for arctic outbreaks for a month or two.  Just like doing summer operations at a humid 90F isn’t that fun and I have no desire for that for two months straight.  

Now, I get you folks that work inside at a stable, comfortable temperature all the time...I bet getting out of work and having that high variation (whether it’s 93F in July or -10F in January) makes things more interesting.  But spend most days out-of-doors over a decade and I bet the preferences start to migrate towards the more comfortable range and less on the extremes.

I understand what you’re saying. But TBH, how many days are there MTN operations at 3-4K in 90 degree humidity? I could see that in BTV for sure, not in the Greens . 

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Humans like comfort.  The majority of people don’t like high heat and humidity, and they don’t like deep cold and ice.  

Theres a reason why California 78F year round and sun appeals to so many people.

This isn’t that hard to grasp.  People like to be comfortable.  It’s why you put you AC in for summer and use heat in the winter.  

Poll your family... see who would rather live in 90F and humid vs 74F and comfortable.  I bet you lose to the wife and kids.

Give someone 90/70 for a while and they will adjust to it. It's mostly "oppressive" when not acclimated.