Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not sure what to tell you. I’m telling what the Davis said. Lowest during daylight yesterday was 64

Oh I forgot we use the BDL temps but not the dews?  Next time there’s a “heat wave” let us know what your Davis says for temps.  Funny you haven’t once referenced those lol.

But yesterday all the ASOS’s were nice comfy days.  Judging by the amount of Top 10 or 10/10 posts yesterday most in SNE felt those lower dews.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Whirlpool and LG have been top 2 for several years running on various publications like consumer reports and gadget review. There’s a steep drop off after them so there’s really nothing else folks should consider unless price and availability are factors. 

I can't speak for LG as i have not owned any, But the guy that came to fix my GE washer for the third time before i sent it down the road said he never goes on service calls for whirlpool, So that was good enough for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's funny how Earth does that ... right where they don't need it, let's throw a 10 to 20" QPF tsunamis at 'em

Wouldn’t be surprised if the westward trend continues, more time over a toasty gulf. Will be an interesting week for Mets from Houston tonNorleans

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if the westward trend continues, more time over a toasty gulf. Will be an interesting week for Mets from Houston tonNorleans

I'm a bit concerned down that way. Large area of high pressure builds across the central Plains into the OV region and you have the high off the SE coast and stalled boundary across the southeast. 

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Whirlpool and LG have been top 2 for several years running on various publications like consumer reports and gadget review. There’s a steep drop off after them so there’s really nothing else folks should consider unless price and availability are factors. 

**** LG. In fact, double **** LG. I had an LG washer and it blew up. Something came loose during the spin cycle and the drum let loose and blew the back off. It’s amazing nothing in the laundry room got damaged and nobody was in there at the time. They were an awful company to deal with and I finally gave up. I will never have another LG product of any kind in my house. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, J.Spin said:

LOL, brutal, just brutal.  I’m guessing you tried that novel approach that PF mentioned of just opening and closing various windows and doors to regulate the temperature of the house?  I tried it last night and it seemed like it worked.

Haha no I’m lazy. I have the thermostat set to 72. It automatically switches from heat to ac. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m hopeful a cane does this fall.

Or a Stihl this summer could take care of them.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Except it’s not. It’s a Davis . Check other TOL stations yesterday lad 

The STEM site's dp's clearly dropped into the 50s before settling into the low 60s so 64 was not the lowest dp all day.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KCTTOLLA21/graph/2019-07-7/2019-07-7/daily

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mreaves said:

**** LG. In fact, double **** LG. I had an LG washer and it blew up. Something came loose during the spin cycle and the drum let loose and blew the back off. It’s amazing nothing in the laundry room got damaged and nobody was in there at the time. They were an awful company to deal with and I finally gave up. I will never have another LG product of any kind in my house. 

That can happen regardless of the brand, some odd breakdown, but the bad customer service is no excuse. They supposedly have great support but I get it, I wouldn’t care how many stars a company has either if they boned me. 

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That can happen regardless of the brand, some odd breakdown, but the bad customer service is no excuse. They supposedly have great support but I get it, I wouldn’t care how many stars a company has either if they boned me. 

Yeah there are lemons no matter what.  The problem is when it happens to you it has outsized significance.

Dew points aside for the moment ... the interior ribbon from SW NH to  White Plains/NYC ... appears set up for a marginal/low grade heat wave. If not tomorrow throw Thurs ... perhaps another shot into the weekend.  These MOS have been adding degrees to this week since these days entered the GFSX machine guidance.like 2 ahead 1 back sneakiness and now we are at 90 and 91's ... 

no idea what kind of dewps

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Yeah same here. 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Man that’s too bad.  I just had a bearing come loose in my Electrolux (part of Frigidaire) washing machine and caused the spin cycle to oscillate and caused all sorts of damage to the back of the machine.  It had a 1 year warranty and this was after 14 months.  The washer is said to last 7-10 years.  

I was 100% certain the company was going to bone me for being 2 months beyond the manufacturers warranty but lo and behold, the woman on the phone honored the warranty and on top of it gave us a free 3-year parts and service warranty (they sell it for like $200).  I was blown away.  

It ended up taking 3 weeks to fix due to needing a bunch of new parts, but the service guy said it was definitely a manufacture defect.  I’m not stoked on the quality after hearing that but the Frigidaire customer service won me over and it cost nothing out of pocket to fix.  

Funny how easy it is for a company to win customers over with stuff like that but it’s also so easy for a company to f*ck it up if not handled right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

In terms of rain/flooding potential this could be ugly for LA. Pretty strong clustering with a track going right into LA. 

Pretty sure rivers are real high like the MS. That could get ugly, especially if strong SE winds slow river flow.