Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

24 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Should see numerous t'storms tomorrow with torrential downpours and vivid lightning. A few storms may produce some damaging wind gusts which knock down some dead trees or limbs 

Dead trees and limbs? So like 25mph gusts?

• Haha 2

I'm with Wiz, I'm not sure this is a widely scattered thunderstorm day. Should be a fairly continuous line that forms as the front sags in.

As for severe, we're going to be chasing isolated microbursts. Weak shear and high PWAT really limit the hail potential. But storms will be tracking roughly parallel to the front, so some training and heavy rain could be in store. Just what everyone wanted.

36 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Mid 30s...is that even real?

Right - not absurd when people really want it.  

Reminds me of the scene in "What Happens In Vegas" - cheese pap quick comedy starting Ashton Kucker and Cameron Diaz...  She's scheming to try and get him to default on their marriage, so she calls all her hottie friends and has them show up at his door... acting like they need to hang out there because of x-y-z...  So cut-to --> the appartment is soon wall to wall uber hot chicks listening to music, dancing and tippin' beers ... and Ashton's on the phone trying to explain to his buddies how " It's legit ...this totally happens!"  I actually like the movie... quick paced and good cadence for killin' an hour and a half over mindless pratfalls and mid-wit humor - has it's merit...

56 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm with Wiz, I'm not sure this is a widely scattered thunderstorm day. Should be a fairly continuous line that forms as the front sags in.

As for severe, we're going to be chasing isolated microbursts. Weak shear and high PWAT really limit the hail potential. But storms will be tracking roughly parallel to the front, so some training and heavy rain could be in store. Just what everyone wanted.

A decent inverted-V look too on some soundings perhaps helping with any potential for isolated microbursts. 

I do think though there may be a bit of a higher severe threat up in ME if enough destabilization can occur...even back into parts of northern VT/northern NH.