Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July pattern(s) and discussion

Typhoon Tip

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I forget who, but didn’t someone say 94-97 like a week ago and was scolded and laughed at and warned to ease up.. similar to their call of very little let up in the AN pattern ? Just don’t know exactly who it was 

Must’ve been the same person calling for 90s every year from May through September.... there will never ever be a hot summer day forecast that goes unforecast by that person ;).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Good. We need to dry out. Keep the dews down and the skeeters away. 

We started watering today to keep the lawns super green.  Really wet June but the topsoil drys out so quickly with an early July sun.  Hopefully a short downpour or two will keep the gardens going.  Now we rely on CF's for rain.  It's the haves and have nots.

Happy 4th to everyone

51 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Still no 80° F here with a max of 78.7° F. My Davis is in full sun until around 3 PM too, although with the FARS there's not a big difference between what it reports in the shade vs. sun. 

We may have some upper level cloud junk around tomorrow, so we may not do it tomorrow either. We'll see.

No thanks hitting 80F yet at that lat is pretty impressive.  I was at 1200' in Leverett today and it was 84F. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dr. Dews said:

I heard drought talk. Heh That Friday night/Saturday looks pretty widespread and maybe deluging. We'll see...maybe a placeholder too.

I really don't think you heard drought-talk.  I think you read a post and a lot of people laughing at it.  :) 

Sort of like expecting 1953 last weekend.....

Happy Independence Day, America!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m not sure why anyone responds to that attention seeking clown. 

Glad the chronic is helping you with your back. Glad it’s getting more attention in the mainstream. Hopefully within the next 10 years we can legalize it on a federal level, doubtful...but more states will come on board to push it at the very least. 

Most reasonable minded folks will agree there’s no justification to legally drink alcohol but not buy weed legally.

83/65

Agreed, but with a major caveat:  Having seen the effects of alcoholism on loved ones, I'd prefer that neither intoxicant be used recreationally.  However, the first ship has long since sailed and the 2nd is making ready to leave port. 
Folks who say that marijuana isn't as bad/dangerous as alcohol make me think of someone saying that a bite from a copperhead is less dangerous than one from a large Eastern diamondback.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Agreed, but with a major caveat:  Having seen the effects of alcoholism on loved ones, I'd prefer that neither intoxicant be used recreationally.  However, the first ship has long since sailed and the 2nd is making ready to leave port. 
Folks who say that marijuana isn't as bad/dangerous as alcohol make me think of someone saying that a bite from a copperhead is less dangerous than one from a large Eastern diamondback.

Never said one is ‘better’ than the other but both should be legal, that’s it. 

Happy 4th everyone, gon’ be hot and sticky.

• Like 1