Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

29 minutes ago, TriPol said:

Any news on the Derecho for today?

Unlikely to be a derecho, but we have to watch that cluster of storms currently over Lake Huron. That will build E/SE thru the day and could be just NW-N of the city this evening. 

• Like 1

Just now, purduewx80 said:

Unlikely to be a derecho, but we have to watch that cluster of storms currently over Lake Huron. That will build E/SE thru the day and could be just NW-N of the city this evening. 

Agreed something to monitor. I mean look to our west in central Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin. They went from a marginal risk to a moderate risk in 1 SPC update. That tells me the models are not handling it too great. 

3 minutes ago, NycStormChaser said:

Agreed something to monitor. I mean look to our west in central Minnesota and Northern Wisconsin. They went from a marginal risk to a moderate risk in 1 SPC update. That tells me the models are not handling it too great. 

Uh no... Day 1 0600 OTLK was ENH

4 hours ago, frd said:

@bluewaveWas this not part of the reason the winter did not deliver in the East for most.  The rather robust jet breaking down West Coast ridging? 

Yeah, the firehose Pacific kept pumping the WAR. Cutters and huggers dominated with the fast flow. Kept things wet but not white. LGA continues the record breaking 18 month run with 3.00”+ of precipitation.

2018 2.12 5.94 4.08 5.02 3.24 3.60 5.28 6.66 5.89 3.02 7.09 6.90 58.84
2019 3.93 3.34 3.64 4.42 6.37 4.89 3.74 M M M M M 30.33
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dave0176 said:

Been in Wildwood Crest all week, it was a great week for the beach and the ocean was walk in warm. Today it is so far 82 but completely foggy and 77 DP so it’s already becoming uncomfortable. Leaving for home tomorrow.imageproxy.php?img=&key=20fe2b78d4e66dff

8E9EC7C0-AFA9-472E-80D1-AACCA4FC0E63.jpeg

I go every summer down there. Love it.

I was watching the webcam last night from the boardwalk.  It looked packed. 

• Like 1