Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

5 minutes ago, hooralph said:

Not sure you call this rotation, but looking west from my window in midtown, I can clearly see a layer of clouds moving South (while the direction of the storms is from SW to NE).

It's ominous as sh*t.

Had a pretty good unobstructed view of it from the Pulaski Skyway.

Top of a ferry up the east river lots of lightning mainly to the NW. Also LGA has dissapeared in a matter of mins in a downpour. Headed into some rain now. Breathtaking vantage point of t storms all around but stayed dry overhead until the turn past the Triboro btwn LGA and the Bx

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Suffolk County watching the rest of the area get pummeled with storms, time and time again.

LOL.  We did very well three weeks ago, so I cannot complain.

I also think we'll see some action in a few hours.  Crossing my fingers that it's halfway interesting.  I find that we do better when storms move in from the north than the west, but we'll see.  Definitely a good soaking coming regardless.

Just now, ThatHurricane said:

The rains blowing south here in upper Manhattan, is that bad?

nah, the warm front is now moving back south due to cold outflow from all the thunderstorms north of here. N/NE winds behind it should stay in place until the low passes later this evening. that bow that affected philly should stay south of manhattan.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

nah, the warm front is now moving back south due to cold outflow from all the thunderstorms north of here. N/NE winds behind it should stay in place until the low passes later this evening. that bow that affected philly should stay south of manhattan.

Feel like LI gets into that.   

Also still have south winds here.