Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It may be more a warm flow off the castle and small hill on a NE wind. That heavily shaded area can only be competitive on NE or E flow days.

when I lived in sw Brooklyn I would be the hot spot on a ne wind...

if we can get the fake press to get involved maybe the powers that run noaa will do something about that sight...move it to another part of the park...that wont help snowfall measurements but that's another story...

11 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Anyone got a hail indicator on the NE NJ cell moving into Bergen?

Some 70dbz echos showing up.

At 4:01 PM EDT, Oakland [Bergen Co, NJ] SOCIAL MEDIA reports HAIL of ping pong ball size (M1.50 INCH). PING PONG SIZE HAIL REPORTED

52 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It may be more a warm flow off the castle and small hill on a NE wind. That heavily shaded area can only be competitive on NE or E flow days.

Never thought about that. I always attributed it to LGA getting more marine air on a NE wind right off the Sound, keeping it cooler. That's usually the few scenarios where i'd may be cooler than the Park, espically in Spring. Central Park, and espically JFK ends up the warmer places on a NE wind. 

2 minutes ago, bluewave said:

At 4:01 PM EDT, Oakland [Bergen Co, NJ] SOCIAL MEDIA reports HAIL of ping pong ball size (M1.50 INCH). PING PONG SIZE HAIL REPORTED

Nothing like that here yet, cycled back down again. Seems to be too much storm convergence. Absolutely pouring though with some good strikes.