Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Even stations around Long Beach are in the mid 90s and winds are southerly there. By me it looks to be 98-99 and absolutely brutal once again. Insane that this won’t qualify as a heat wave because of Friday underperforming. 

It will for the park Friday got to 91

Just now, Rtd208 said:

Reading Larry Cosgroves weekly newsletter last night, it sounds like after a brief respite this week the heat is likely to rebuild late month and continue into August.

well a week is not a brief respite from the summer heat.. that is a eternity :)

• Haha 1

My weather station in Brooklyn is showing crazy numbers 102 with a real feel of 129! it could be off with a degree or two but surrounding stations in the same range . With a west/northwest wind I believe it. I’m up in the Catskills now and we are at 89 with a stiff breeze.

13B4537C-31BC-40D3-BA5F-CA73A4B44269.jpeg

18 minutes ago, psv88 said:

ISP hit 99. Impressive 2 days for them. Only 98 here today.

Socked in with clouds for the last 40 minutes, areas just to the north and the south are hotter. Sea breeze killed it for my PWS, it’s 100 here in Huntington Station though.

I hope ISP hits 100 at least.

15 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Socked in with clouds for the last 40 minutes, areas just to the north and the south are hotter. Sea breeze killed it for my PWS, it’s 100 here in Huntington Station though.

I hope ISP hits 100 at least.

Islip dropped to 95 but is back up to 97 between hours.   They likely won't hit 100.  

7 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

the park was 92 at 3. come on

That ASOS is bizarre because while some days it seems that the trees around it impact it others it doesn’t.  I mean it reached 100 no problem a few times in 2011 I think and wasn’t off from EWR or LGA much those days so there has to be other factors.  I recall back in the 90s NYC always seemed to peak at noon or 1 and then never moved after that while the other stations all did.  One Met I’ve spoken too said he believed that was a product of higher pollution and smog levels over the city back then which now aren’t present 

• Like 1