Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussions & Observations Thread

bluewave

5 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

The ultimate nightmare would be a derecho knocking out power the night before the 2 hottest days of the summer. At least Manhattan shouldn't have any problems.

They are pretty hard to predict in advance and very rare around here. I would actually be the most worried in NYC for equipment overload failures.

5 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

The ultimate nightmare would be a derecho knocking out power the night before the 2 hottest days of the summer. At least Manhattan shouldn't have any problems.

Good lord-imagine that.

-

locally rounds of tropical downpours moving through all day here....74/73 approaching 4 inches since yesterday's training storms got going.

11 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

I must be missing something with this talk of 90 today in this forum.

Im at 76F at 245pm.

It is pouring...again.

The only thing today will be is a BN day.

What are other posters seeing that I am missing?

depends where you are...south of the city is partly sunny and roasting-north is socked in with showers and cooler temps--73-75 here all day with downpours...

15 minutes ago, jfklganyc said:

I must be missing something with this talk of 90 today in this forum.

Im at 76F at 245pm.

It is pouring...again.

The only thing today will be is a BN day.

What are other posters seeing that I am missing?

Today won’t be BN. The lows will probably skew it AN. It’s in the 80s as well now

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Is it showing any of those mid 80s dews it had the other day?  I haven’t had a chance to look yet. 

Looking at the smoothed out SV images, it looks like it has backed off on the expansiveness of 80+ DPs a little, but still showing pockets of the 80s shade.  Seems like high 70s DPs area wide are becoming increasingly likely..

3 minutes ago, Radders said:

Looking at the smoothed out SV images, it looks like it has backed off on the expansiveness of 80+ DPs a little, but still showing pockets of the 80s shade.  Seems like high 70s DPs area wide are becoming increasingly likely..

Anyone who believed the 86 degree dewpoints hasnt been at this long. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

Good lord-imagine that.

-

locally rounds of tropical downpours moving through all day here....74/73 approaching 4 inches since yesterday's training storms got going.

Not too far to your north, I only have 0.67 inches in the past 2 days...amazing 

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

Which is why I said bet the under two days ago...not that my Irish arse would be able to fell the difference of an 80 dew vs mid 80s

Literally splitting hairs, I don't think most care if it's close to 80 DP or low 80s DP, it's going to feel muggy regardless for the public.

3 minutes ago, uofmiami said:

Literally splitting hairs, I don't think most care if it's close to 80 DP or low 80 DP, it's going to feel muggy regardless for the public.

Violently agree.  If its going to be stupid hot though lets break records, set a new dew record.  Doubt it'll happen this time but its only a matter of time until we set a new dew record.