• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussion

snowlover2

:offtopic:They are one freaky amazing creature the more you research them, especially the documented "Broods".  And they can be infected with magic mushrooms containing  psilocybin so of course they're a delicacy lol.  Like i said freaky stuff.

Back on topic, think there's a summer version of Michsnowfreaks magnet turned on in reverse for rain around here.  These storms are literally curving right around me. Still 80/71 and 68 10 miles to the north.  :angry:

9 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

:offtopic:They are one freaky amazing creature the more you research them, especially the documented "Broods".  And they can be infected with magic mushrooms containing  psilocybin so of course they're a delicacy lol.  Like i said freaky stuff.

Back on topic, think there's a summer version of Michsnowfreaks magnet turned on in reverse for rain around here.  These storms are literally curving right around me. Still 80/71 and 68 10 miles to the north.  :angry:

The cicada broods are fascinating.  And if you've been in the right area, you know how many of them can be around and how loud it can get... almost deafening.  

Well it was an eventful night.  Went to a local fireworks show and on the way back got rear ended.  Was at a red light and quickly heard waht sounded like screeching tires.  As soon as I heard the sound is when the car hit.  There was no time to look or panic or do anything, it just seemed like it happened.  It was so fast.  I am at the hospital.  I am having pain and just not feeling right. 

Here are a couple of pics from the fireworks.  It was a good night and then the crash.  Things happen fast

20190703_213915.thumb.jpg.170cc53f6a1ac9c9e9d8153032f86ac7.jpg

20190703_213919.thumb.jpg.e3018008e0f58d0f8d3a8b1da97d8bfa.jpg

• Sad 3

91 at ORD and 92 at MDW today

91 here.

The past week and a half will go down as a low end heat wave for portions of the area. ORD ended up with five 90+ days, and was 89'd three times. IMBY it hit 90+ all 10 days of the stretch...Being further away from the lake helped a few of the days.

Day........ORD......MDW........Here
26th........89............90..............90
27th........89............90..............91
28th........90............91..............91
29th........87............87..............90
30th........91............89..............92
1st...........89............91..............90
2nd.........92............92..............94
3rd..........86............86..............90
4th..........91............91..............91
5th..........91............92..............91
90+..........5..............7...............10

24 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

One of them was on top of me finally lol.  Dropped .25 in about 15 min then poof bye bye.  Not quite understanding why we were and still  are under a flood warning.

Edit:  Guess it expired at 8pm

Not at work today, but there was a flash flood warning in effect for Madison Co due to parts of the county getting >2" in less than hour. Warnings often cover larger areas due to anticipated storm movement, so it could've weakened or something like that.

• Thanks 1

Watching of the visual satellite images of the morning convection putting out the boundaries when they collapsed, and them the early evening stuff exploding on those boundaries was cool as heck.

Only got 0.01 here though. Could use a bit more. I must be crazy for asking for a little more rain but there you go.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:56 AM, Hoosier said:

Well it was an eventful night.  Went to a local fireworks show and on the way back got rear ended.  Was at a red light and quickly heard waht sounded like screeching tires.  As soon as I heard the sound is when the car hit.  There was no time to look or panic or do anything, it just seemed like it happened.  It was so fast.  I am at the hospital.  I am having pain and just not feeling right. 

Here are a couple of pics from the fireworks.  It was a good night and then the crash.  Things happen fast

20190703_213915.thumb.jpg.170cc53f6a1ac9c9e9d8153032f86ac7.jpg

20190703_213919.thumb.jpg.e3018008e0f58d0f8d3a8b1da97d8bfa.jpg

Nice images.

Some of mine...

7V2A6392.thumb.JPG.6b5332b7956d310c68f1b4f6a395bd2b.JPG

7V2A6572.thumb.JPG.a0f6f53f26bc946b4db5254134c0d499.JPG

• Like 1

On 7/4/2019 at 2:56 AM, Hoosier said:

Wow, just saw this.  Been there and was in the hospital for 2 days.  Nothing scarier when you don't see it coming.  Even though it was almost 30 years ago for me, I still sit back in the seat and put my head against the head rest when I stop at an intersection.  The wife thought for a time I was getting ready to hit the gas like a drag racer.  Nope.  Nothing scarier that getting rear ended.  Hope all's well!

Sorry to learn of your accident, Hoosier and hope you get well soon. I was at Highland with relatives July 3 until I came back Sat. July 6th and just saw your post.  Meanwhile, you don't see something like this very often from the NHC so I thought I would post it.

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sat Jul 6 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A trough of low pressure over western Kentucky, Tennessee and
northern Mississippi is forecast to move southward toward the
northeastern Gulf of Mexico where a low pressure area could form in
a few days. Some gradual development of this system is then possible
while it meanders near the northern Gulf Coast through the middle
of next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

June and July homegrown systems along stalled fronts or strong MCS's down in the gulf or off the SE coast aren't uncommon but I agree, an NHC forecast like that is uncommon.  I'm not even seeing much model support for anything significant.  Might be the fact that anything that may form is going to tend to linger with no strong steering over the next 5-7 days and could pose a copious rain producer.

Edit:  Now I see what you were saying.  Don't think I've ever seen a potential tropical system mark over Tennessee lol!

two_atl_0d0.png?062307