• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussion

snowlover2

The GFS and ECMWF are in a agreement on the potential for a string of around 90 to 90+ days starting tomorrow, through the following weekend.

There are hints of some real heat late next week and the following weekend as well, with both models showing 100's as well. 

11 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

No. No. No. No. Hell freakin no. :angry:  I just got here Saturday and this South Carolina portal weather can go back south :angry: 

edit: I’m in the Cincinnati area 

Stick around. It is the Midwest. I will change. lol

3 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Last night's op euro has 100º here from day 7-10... with zero rain through day 10.  :(

I love the look on the 500 mb map at h240. The biggest thing is the prevention of more clouds around the Great Lakes as today and yesterday we're totally clouded over. The lawn went from lush green in June to being burnt presently.

On 7/11/2019 at 12:07 PM, Chicago Storm said:

Per LOT.

Oh ok cool. We have tons of problems with the wind sensor at MKE. It's always going out and then winds go missing which is not good when an ob. is transmitting. I think it goes out because our winds are always shifting around with the lake breeze and whatnot.

Just want to say thanks to those who offered well wishes following my accident.  I have a concussion and cervical strain (whiplash) and have been dealing with the effects of those.  The time since July 3 is a blur.  I went back and read my post from then and really don't even remember that, but according to the information packet I received sometimes all of the symptoms don't start right away.  Lights, including screens, have been bothering me.  Fortunately that has largely cleared up but I am still having headaches and difficulty concentrating.  My past memories (weather and other) are all there, I think.  Like I remember the big storms, getting screwed by sleet in the 2011 storm, and stuff like that.  All in all, things are starting to get better but the recovery timetable from the neck strain is up in the air.  Could be weeks, could be months.

Looks like Barry will be a big rainmaker down south and it looks like it could get pretty hot around here soon.       

• Like 7

On 7/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, Chicago Storm said:

There has been confirmation that the sensor is in good working order.

Strange. I remember a few years back ORD was a warm spot in the area. Now it seems to lag behind other reporting sites. Even on days with lake breezes, it’s barely warmer than PWK... sometimes not any warmer at all despite PWK being closer to the lake. Now DPA seems to be a warm spot which was never the case in the past.

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Euro still showing 100+ for Chicagoland later next week.

I didn't think that was a possibility this summer given how wet the region was coming out of spring, but the ground has really dried out.

I didn’t either. Could be a streak of days 100+ as well. Roger Smith may have nailed it with his prediction of this summer being one of the memorable ones for heat. 

Yuck at the upcoming pattern. Hot and dry is my least favorite weather. If models are correct, interestingly some spots might be starting to look at drought concerns in 10 days or so. The GFSs have backed off on precip thru D10 as well. 

I dont know how I posted that in the OH thread, but I did, but now its here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Just want to say thanks to those who offered well wishes following my accident.  I have a concussion and cervical strain (whiplash) and have been dealing with the effects of those.  The time since July 3 is a blur.  I went back and read my post from then and really don't even remember that, but according to the information packet I received sometimes all of the symptoms don't start right away.  Lights, including screens, have been bothering me.  Fortunately that has largely cleared up but I am still having headaches and difficulty concentrating.  My past memories (weather and other) are all there, I think.  Like I remember the big storms, getting screwed by sleet in the 2011 storm, and stuff like that.  All in all, things are starting to get better but the recovery timetable from the neck strain is up in the air.  Could be weeks, could be months.

Looks like Barry will be a big rainmaker down south and it looks like it could get pretty hot around here soon.       

Positive thoughts for your speedy recovery :wub:  :hug: I didn’t read before posting and totally missed this :( 

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Wow. Sounds like a prolonged recovery. I'm glad that you are feeing well enough to be able to post. I was worried after your original post about the wreck then we didn't hear from you.

Sounds rough but lucky injuries weren’t worse. An injury you can recover from, no matter how long it takes, is better than something that’s permenant. Wishing you best.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Hoosier. Your health is the most important thing you can have. Glad things are slowly improving for you. 

10 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Get well Hoosier!

Hit 91 here today, and 90 @ MLI.  Looks like relentless 90+ from here on out.  Euro has 100+ for Thu-Sat, with a slight hint of relief with only 98 for next Sun.  

Ha! 98° is relief. Now that don't have to work outside much, this is my kind of summer weather.

22 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Speedy recovery.  I hope you heal up soon.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:51 PM, Hoosier said:

I wish you a speedy recovery. Think positive, you will get back to normal. Im an injury adjuster, so my job is going over injuries and medical treatment of people in car accidents. What you are describing is pretty common, so you will get back to your pre-accident self.

10 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Ha! 98° is relief. Now that don't have to work outside much, this is my kind of summer weather.

:lol:

The new Euro bumped it up to 100 for Sunday now, so I guess so much for that "relief" lol.  In fact, it now has 4 days in a row AOA 100 starting Thu.  Tuesday may fail to make 90 though, as clouds from Barry could temper the heat a bit.  That would be sort of a blip in what otherwise would be an easy 10+ day 90+ streak.

Thanks guys.  Believe it or not this is not the first time I have a head injury from a car accident.  Got a pretty big bump on the head when I was a little kid (t-boned), though that one was more of a superficial injury with no concussion.  Just taking it a day at a time.  

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

:lol:

The new Euro bumped it up to 100 for Sunday now, so I guess so much for that "relief" lol.  In fact, it now has 4 days in a row AOA 100 starting Thu.  Tuesday may fail to make 90 though, as clouds from Barry could temper the heat a bit.  That would be sort of a blip in what otherwise would be an easy 10+ day 90+ streak.

I am curious if an actual 100 degree streak will materialize and not just a one off.  Just thinking back on past 100 degree streaks for Chicago, I am having a hard time remembering one happening when there's not a drought.  It has dried out recently but not a prolonged thing going back months.  Not saying it couldn't happen but being in a drought certainly would make it easier.