Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussion

snowlover2

18 hours ago, Indystorm said:

Sorry to learn of your accident, Hoosier and hope you get well soon. I was at Highland with relatives July 3 until I came back Sat. July 6th and just saw your post.  Meanwhile, you don't see something like this very often from the NHC so I thought I would post it.

ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Sat Jul 6 2019

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A trough of low pressure over western Kentucky, Tennessee and
northern Mississippi is forecast to move southward toward the
northeastern Gulf of Mexico where a low pressure area could form in
a few days. Some gradual development of this system is then possible
while it meanders near the northern Gulf Coast through the middle
of next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.

EURO still wants a west track and brings it up our way over our soggy ground...GFS east

12 minutes ago, bowtie` said:

I love this time of year. A *cold* front moves through and KIND goes from a high of 90 on the sixth to 88 on the seventh. Anytime you do not need a coat or a jacket after a frontal passage is my idea of heaven.

I get the disappointment of needing a coat for chilly air, but conversely I would find it discouraging for a front to not wipe out heat and humidity.  Little airmass change.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2019 at 2:56 AM, Hoosier said:

Well it was an eventful night.  Went to a local fireworks show and on the way back got rear ended.  Was at a red light and quickly heard waht sounded like screeching tires.  As soon as I heard the sound is when the car hit.  There was no time to look or panic or do anything, it just seemed like it happened.  It was so fast.  I am at the hospital.  I am having pain and just not feeling right. 

Here are a couple of pics from the fireworks.  It was a good night and then the crash.  Things happen fast

I hope that your recovery is going well.

11 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Pretty fun evening tracking a supercell that passed just north of the QC, and eventually just north of here.  Put down a few funnels along the way, but didn't see any ground rotation.  Kind of nice having a 5 minute drive back home after a "chase" lol.

33cwt2h.jpg

2djrpuh.jpg

2ewd5lj.jpg

1y8e88.jpg

I too had a really solid funnel yesterday, not totally sure if it was down, but assume it was at least briefly as there were times when it was 1/2 to 2/3rds the way down. DVN knows about it so I presume they’ll probably try and find some damage if it was really down.

81DAE920-EEF4-4BE9-A411-92659E5E2516.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I picked up 0.07" of rain from a tiny cell late this afternoon.  My July total is now 0.17".  Models show little if any rain over the next ten days.  The lawns are going to dry up, big time.

Models this morning have relaxed the ridge just a little bit allowing a few thunderstorm chances to creep in over the next 7 days along the periphery of the ridge while areas  immediately to our south and west continue to dry out. 

31 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Garden variety t storm here this evening.  Little wind but colorful lightning display.

Can't buy one around here.  Saw that storm off to my south, another off to my west and another to the east.  My micro-climate around here is really sucking.

47 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Can't buy one around here.  Saw that storm off to my south, another off to my west and another to the east.  My micro-climate around here is really sucking.

It has been rather dry around here recently.  My neighbor was even watering his lawn yesterday evening.