Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2019 General Discussion

snowlover2

2 hours ago, NTXYankee said:

Great looking forward to the same old June crap.  Leftover rain blobs, no storms, and miserable below normal temperatures.

Lol at below normal temps being miserable in July. The rain is miserable, yes. But I could definitely manage temps being below normal as long as we get plenty of sunshine and it doesn't rain every single day.

• Like 1

I do have a question.  I know ridge position during these MCS/MCV is important along with latent boundary's.  I've just kind of noticed over the last 72 to 96 hours that here east of 65 and north of 70 we've had a long fetch paralleling lake Michigan.  Meso analysis has consistently shown a bit of a more stable environment ie. lower dews, cape lines, 850 dew lines, really compressed - to + east to west along the fetch.  For instance yesterday there was literally a wall of stability along 65 right in line with the winds off the lake all the way down to KIND before the boundary layer and storms spread to the SE.  Does the lake have that much influence this far south or has it just been a coincidence with the position of the ridge over the southern plains?    

47 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

I do have a question.  I know ridge position during these MCS/MCV is important along with latent boundary's.  I've just kind of noticed over the last 72 to 96 hours that here east of 65 and north of 70 we've had a long fetch paralleling lake Michigan.  Meso analysis has consistently shown a bit of a more stable environment ie. lower dews, cape lines, 850 dew lines, really compressed - to + east to west along the fetch.  For instance yesterday there was literally a wall of stability along 65 right in line with the winds off the lake all the way down to KIND before the boundary layer and storms spread to the SE.  Does the lake have that much influence this far south or has it just been a coincidence with the position of the ridge over the southern plains?    

Good question. I wondered the same. Maybe the positioning of the ridge and trough is just right in that the lake enhances the already present instability gradient.

LOL, ORD being totally useless as usual

Current temps:

ARR: 90

DPA: 90

PWK: 91

MDW: 90

KORD: 86

Honestly, it’s a joke at this point. LOT really needs to do something about this. This isn’t isn’t acceptable, especially at a first order major reporting site. I don’t understand what’s causing this cold bias, but it’s getting out of hand.

On 6/18/2019 at 8:42 PM, NegativeEPO said:

Been hearing some talk about a major pattern change to a much warmer pattern coming up soon. Is there much truth to that? The GFS is showing a lot of warmth in the long range, but I’m skeptical.

On 6/2/2019 at 1:20 PM, Spartman said:

June is probably going to be a write-off. With the highest temperature of the year so far at 88 degrees just over a week ago (May 25th), it's going to take until at least next month to try to exceed it.

On 6/27/2019 at 3:01 AM, Spartman said:

89'd today at DAY, highest temperature so far this year. Have a feeling it may be the highest it's going to get for this June.

A little good old fashioned bump trolling. Seventh day of 90° here with another likely tomorrow.

2 hours ago, NegativeEPO said:

LOL, ORD being totally useless as usual

Current temps:

ARR: 90

DPA: 90

PWK: 91

MDW: 90

KORD: 86

Honestly, it’s a joke at this point. LOT really needs to do something about this. This isn’t isn’t acceptable, especially at a first order major reporting site. I don’t understand what’s causing this cold bias, but it’s getting out of hand.

ORD had a small storm move overhead earlier, thus the cooler temps at that point.

Looks like peak temp of 91 there so far.

38 minutes ago, madwx said:

Hit 90 for the first time this year in Madison

Interesting, thought you guys hit it already.

Just reached 77 a hundred miles to your north.  Will probably wind up being the high.  Still awaiting our first 90.  If we don't overperform tomorrow...it's gonna be a while.

1 hour ago, ikcarsky said:

Interesting, thought you guys hit it already.

Just reached 77 a hundred miles to your north.  Will probably wind up being the high.  Still awaiting our first 90.  If we don't overperform tomorrow...it's gonna be a while.

I was mistaken, we hit 90 on June 29th as well

3 minutes ago, sokolow said:

Well that was more impressive than I was expecting.  Blew up along the boundary right overhead, 0.35” so far

several storms warned

I don't understand why LOT is so stubborn about resetting total storm precipitation ....it's a useless mess of 4-5 days of systems and wind farm clutter

2 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Just heard the first cicada of the season.  They usually signify summer is growing deeper in season.  Looks like we won't have quiet, cicada-less evenings again until sometime in September.

Picked up 0.03" from a cell that crapped the bed overhead.

Well I'm a Cicada geek.  Check it out  https://www.cicadamania.com/  :tomato: