Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Summer 2019 New England Banter and Disco

CapturedNature

16 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have learned over the years, That you have to become a jack of all trades as a homeowner as long as you have the required tools to perform the task at hand especially today with google and you tube available to execute it.

Yep, carpenter,  electrician, mechanic, engineer, plumber,mason, gardener,  landscaper, farmer, computer geek, these skills have saved us a ton over the years.

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have learned over the years, That you have to become a jack of all trades as a homeowner as long as you have the required tools to perform the task at hand especially today with google and you tube available to execute it.

I’m soaking up all I can from everyone. My neighbors have been really good. I’m a pretty young homeowner, so I’m glad someone would take the time to show me these things.

I thought it was a float issue, but if the floats kicked on when lifted... hoping it was as simply as water screwing with the wires.

Definitely a wake up call from renting. Everything going on is now my problem, and I have to fix it.

Taking the time to learn and troubleshoot definitely beats paying $1000+ for a new pump 

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep, carpenter,  electrician, mechanic, engineer, plumber,mason, gardener,  landscaper, farmer, computer geek, these skills have saved us a ton over the years.

Had taken vocational trades when I was in school so those have served me well over the years besides learning along the way working as an apprentice or a helper in others.

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m soaking up all I can from everyone. My neighbors have been really good. I’m a pretty young homeowner, so I’m glad someone would take the time to show me these things.

I thought it was a float issue, but if the floats kicked on when lifted... hoping it was as simply as water screwing with the wires.

Definitely a wake up call from renting. Everything going on is now my problem, and I have to fix it.

Taking the time to learn and troubleshoot definitely beats paying $1000+ for a new pump 

Yeah when renting, It’s somebody else’s problem, As a home owner, Take in whatever you can from folks that are willing to help you out, It does become more rewarding and gives you a feeling of self accomplishment when you can do it on your own and save you a lot of $$$ along the way if you can do it successfully.

Just now, dendrite said:

Thanks weenies for the congrats in the other thread. I tend to do everything late in life. Hopefully dying is one of them too.

Congrats Brian on tying the knot, Nothing really changes, Wife and i had lived together for 6 years before we got married, And we've been married 36 yrs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Congrats Brian on tying the knot, Nothing really changes, Wife and i had lived together for 6 years before we got married, And we've been married 36 yrs.

Yeah I know. Just making it official. It’s been about 10 for us. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sneaky one of my favorite events over the last decade. Half foot of snow at home.

We never get Measurable that early... never mind warning criteria 

I remember quite the snow game blowout 10/18/09 down there. ;)

Took a nice swim in Newfound Lake yesterday.  Water temp 79F.  Perfect for me.  Newfound Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the northeast.  Usually the water vis. is around 20-25 feet.  Right now it's 5-9 feet since so much sediment came into the lakes with the flash floods last week

Have any of you ridden an electric bike?  We bought a couple a few days ago and they are so much fun.  Just light pedaling and you're going 20mph.  Just took a quick 5 miles bike ride and didn't break a sweat, even with dews in the low 70's.  The hill coming up to my house is about a 400 foot vertical rise and could pedal right up.  

• Like 1

Is there anyone here that uses python or familiar with it? I downloaded EDM and basically trying to figure out getting the numpy, pandas, and matplotlib packages. 

From what I'm doing is using command prompt typing in the following line:

edm install ipython numpy

then it compiled and a whole bunch of stuff happened.

I thought all you should do is go into python and type in 

import numpy as np

import pandas as pd

import matplotlib as plt

but when I do I get some error